Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I resisted the temptation!!!

kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
So...my weakness is ice cream! I absolutely LOVE it!!! :love: I usually cave in any time that it's offered. Well...today my sisted offered to bring me a Shamrock Shake to work (ya know the ones from McDonalds that they serve around St. Pattys Day...:heart: YUMMY:heart: ) And I said NO! Can you believe it?!?! I hardly can! I absolutely LOVE them!!! Like...could die for them!!!!!! I'm crazy! So, let's just say that I am so WAY proud of myself that I had to share. Trust me, if you had any idea how bad my love for ice cream is, you'd understand! So...just thought I'd share on my small success!!! I still can't believe I said no!!!:blushing:

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    So...my weakness is ice cream! I absolutely LOVE it!!! :love: I usually cave in any time that it's offered. Well...today my sisted offered to bring me a Shamrock Shake to work (ya know the ones from McDonalds that they serve around St. Pattys Day...:heart: YUMMY:heart: ) And I said NO! Can you believe it?!?! I hardly can! I absolutely LOVE them!!! Like...could die for them!!!!!! I'm crazy! So, let's just say that I am so WAY proud of myself that I had to share. Trust me, if you had any idea how bad my love for ice cream is, you'd understand! So...just thought I'd share on my small success!!! I still can't believe I said no!!!:blushing:

*Kistinbee*
  • :wink: Awesome! Congrats to you. Its such a success when you can do that! Im happy for you :happy:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Good Job! I share your infinite love for ice cream, as well. DARN YOU, FROZEN GOODNESS!!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    that is amazing. I still can't resist ice cream. I can't do it. I will make sacrifices just to have it. :smile:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    That's wonderful! You are one step closer to your goal.
    You are doing it!! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Don't get me wrong...I do still indulge. I will sacrafice many other calories throughout the day so I can get a small blizzard from Dairy Queen every once and a while. (We can't have boxed ice cream in the house because I will seriously eat it all, so I just allow myself to get a single ice cream every now and again). This is just the first time I've said no to a spur of the moment offer. Yeah for me!!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    :drinker: Small victories!
  • Good for you!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    That is so awesome!!! YAY!!! I, too, share your love for ice cream. :tongue:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    All I can say is Thank God for Blue Bunny No Sugar Added Ice Cream!! Sounds like it would be horrible but it is shockingly good, doesn't have a funny texture like some of the "diet" ice creams do. I haven't looked in awhile to know the calories... but weight watchers points wise it is 1 point per serving vs. 3 pts for regular ice cream! Definitely helps me feel like I am cheating without the guilt later!!!

Good job resisting the temptation altother though!!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    I love ice cream so much!!! But I find lower fat and cal options. There are some good ones out there, you just have to try them all.

My weakness are Steak n Shake milk shakes but I looked up how many calories are in them and it's more than I consume for lunch and dinner!!! :noway:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    WOW you're my new hero! :happy: Good for you and thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Way to go, I'm sure it was hard to say no....be very very proud!!!! I'm proud of you too!!!!
  • kistinbee
    Thank you all of you! Wow! I did not expect much of a response on this one! Thank you so much for the support! I am very proud of myself and very proud of all of you who have resisted, are resisting or will resist some small (or BIG) temptation too!!! WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!!!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member

*Kistinbee*

I am proud of you too:drinker: Ya did good.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Good job! I know what you mean about ice cream. I love the peppermint stuff they only put out at Christmas and I always tell myself. "it's ok, It's only once a year!"

So kudos for you cause that's exactely what I would have told myself about the yummy green shake!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    My weakness is the jamoca shakes from Arby's. AAAAAAA I used to work at Pizza Hut and we had one right next door and I lived on shakes and pizza for five years. Good for you for saying no. We CAN succeed when we let our desire to be fit be more important than a temporary treat. Two flowers for you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

and one more for figuring out you can have your cake and eat it too, even when it's ice cream. :flowerforyou:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Kristinbee you are SUPERHUMAN! I could never resist ice cream! I DO know how much a person can love ice cream...mmmmm
    Cowboy
  • kistinbee
    Kristinbee you are SUPERHUMAN! I could never resist ice cream! I DO know how much a person can love ice cream...mmmmm
    Cowboy

Oh yes....I LOVE ice cream!!!! It's funny because I honestly did not think I'd get this much of a response on this post (like I said earlier) but now I can't stop thinking about ice cream!!!:ohwell: :laugh: :noway:

Thanks for the support guys!!! I really do appreciate it!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • Great Job!!! This is very motivational!! I am really struggling with my late night sweet tooth cravings!! It's good to know that resistance can be done!! And temptation can be conquered!! Kudos x2!!!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.