No energy and irritable .

Options
Since I have started calorie counting , I have no energy to do anything. Eventhough I have lost 10 lbs, I feel sluggish and weak. I have to push myself to get anything done. Also very irritable ,especially towards Hubby......... grrrrrrr. Anybody else going through this ? is it normal , am I doing something wrong ? Most of the days I eat 100 to 300 cal more than 1,200 . So I am not starving myself .

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    sounds like your metabolisim is sluggish - up your minerals! Copper, zinc, Calcium, magnesium are all vital to good hormone regulation in the body, and mood swings are a huge sign of that being out of whack!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Can't offer opinions since you diary isn't viewable.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Find a good multi vitamin as well as looking at your dietary needs.
  • contrarymary7504
    contrarymary7504 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Look at the foods you are eating for the answers. My mood and energy levels are the most stable when I eat a larger percentage of protein. I also find I feel better when I eat the recommended portions of healthy fats.

When I eat carbs, specifically processed foods, I feel sluggish and too lazy to exercise.

I eat 1400 calories on days I exercise strenuously and 1200 when I don't.

Good luck!

Mary
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Switch it up- if you are eating more carb, eat more protein, vice versa- everyone responds to different percentages. Change when you are eating the most calories- if it's dinner make it lunch or breakfast. Or break the meals up if you are doing just three a day.
  • maryzcontrary
    Options
    someone told me to up the calories -- maybe, just an opinion, you need to slow down weight loss, and add more calories to keep blood sugar from dipping -- or eat more often -- the steadier your blood sugar the better....I'm doing a whole lot better on 1600 than I was 1200 - the weight loss is slower, but I feel magnificent.....
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Take some vitamin supplements.
    Also, even though you're staying around your calorie goal, are your foods nutritious? By that, I mean are they heavy in fruits, veggies, nuts and lean meats?
    If you're eating processed foods and whatnot, it would account for the sluggishness.
  • Dee120hb
    Dee120hb Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm going through the exact same thing!!!!! And I'm eating really healthy. I don't know if its my food, or what but It's like I need 5 cups of coffee to keep me going. And I walk alot, so I know its not because I'm not exercising, nor is that making me too tired.
  • chunkymonkey4life
    Options
    Multiviatmin might help, but i hear that if you feel tired and sluggish you might need more iron. Or you might be better off asking your doctor. Hope you feel better soon!
  • SarahRazaq
    Options
    Eat more protein and make sure you are getting at least 5,000-8,000 mg of omega 3 suppliments a day!
  • slimndiva
    Options
    Find a good multi vitamin as well as looking at your dietary needs.

I agree about the vitamins as well as B12
  • guineverantha
    guineverantha Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? It might take 2-3 weeks for your body to get used to eating less. Also, vary what you're eating. Add protein, and fruits and veggies. I try to eat a protein with carbs (e.g. a cup of non-fat milk with a banana, or 1 Tbsp peanut butter with a slice of toast). That will make the carbs last longer for more energy.
    Also, for mood, you can take vitamins B 6 and 12 as well as fish oils (1200 mg a day at least). They can help regulate mood.
    Good luck! Hang in there.
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    i find if i eat a lot of carbs i feel sluggish, as sugested try altering your intake of carbs to see if this helps
  • Brittshae
    Options
    How many calories did MFP recommend for you? I am eating 1700 daily. I know that some people say that you need to eat at least 1200, but personally, I don't think that is enough. You might want to up your calories to 1500. Also, I found that eating what I want helps me. I have added more veggies and fruits, but I don't deprive myself of the foods that I really love and I have still been successful. I hope this helped!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Eat more if you are sluggish, weak, and irritable you need to eat more. I have a theory that all the surly skinny women you see, they're surly because they're hungry. I prefer to be happy and skinny.
  • dinoo
    dinoo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have started taking B-12 vitamins and prenatal gummy vits . But they both don't have iron in them. I will get some iron supplements and give it a try. Also I will try adding more protein as some of you recommended. I don't eat processed food ,only thing I started taking that had all artificial stuff is coffe mate sugar free creamer. I just want to feel good, get that energy so I can kick some butts ,lol... Thanks to all you guys. if there is anything more I might be missing pls do comment. At this stage I am eager to try anything.