talk amongst yourselves

bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
I heard something on the radio today that has me a bit perplexed. They were replaying the announcement of who was on this fall's Dancing with the Stars (of which, I've never even watched 5 minutes of any episodes and don't really care) and the person they announced last made me go :huh:...

"He is the only child of Sonny & Cher, Chaz Bono"

While I'm proud of them for being very PC about how they said it, I'm really not looking forward to that conversation with my mother when she realizes who it is. :ohwell:

And then, my brain decided this would have been the perfect subject for Coffee Talk with Linda Richman. :laugh:

I'm getting verklempt, talk amongst yourselves.....

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Why, would that bother her or something?
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    I am just curious to know if he has enough rhythm.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    He'd have to be better at it than Nancy Grace...that woman's about as subtle as a sledgehammer.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I'm reminded of this quote:

louis-ck_gay-marriage.jpg

LOL

Sorry, Byn! But your mama's just gonna have to face the music. ♪♫♪♫♪♫
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member

LOL

I just snorted a little. I love him :)
  • LMAOOO at that quote!

LOL

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member

I almost sprayed coffee all over my laptop. LMAO...funny!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    :heart: Louis CK!! How freakin true is that!!

I can relate though... my family is very... uh.... close minded and reserved. I got NONE of it thaaaaank goodness!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Mom's say the darnedest things.

Louis CK is right on the money.

I have an uncle who tells racist jokes. I wasn't surprised that I had a confrontation with my cousin, his daughter, a couple of years ago that resulted in me telling her she's close-minded and racist and then walking out of the room. I like when people are smart enough to realize their parents are wrong on such issues as these, but unfortunately, it doesn't always happen.

I'm glad some of the apples in this thread fell far from their trees.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I thought Sonny and Cher had two kids and Chaz/Chastity was the older one. Am I wrong? How can he/she be the only son if they already had one? (Don't know if it's PC to use both identities when describing this individual, but I don't really care!!)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I never watch that show,but I also dont have much of an opinion on Chaz. I hope hes happy now and finally feels like hes who he was ment to be.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    i think its great Chaz has all the parts he wants but whyd he have to gain so much weight?????
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    i think its great Chaz has all the parts he wants but whyd he have to gain so much weight?????

well chasity was overweight to begin with i thought,but the rest may be all the hormones he had to take
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member

and being unhappy with who you are for so long probably had something to do with stuffing your face for comfort
  • i think its great Chaz has all the parts he wants but whyd he have to gain so much weight?????

and being unhappy with who you are for so long probably had something to do with stuffing your face for comfort
    \
    Amen, sister!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 847 Member
    Your gender is not what defines you as a person, even if you change it. Your love, compassion, convictions and integrity is so much more important.

I had the conversation w/ my 8 year old. He saw on one of the news shows about sex changes and he asked me about it. My husband and I are open minded and we made the decision to be honest w/ our kids from the beginning about anything that they ask.

So... I explained that sometimes when people are born they just don't feel that they were born the right gender and might have feelings for people of the same gender (our cousin is a lesbian so it's not a big secret in the family) and that some choose to have an operation to correct it. He asked me questions on the persons feelings, if it was hard for them, what happens next. I was so very proud of him. He said he didn't understand why people would want to change genders (yep, his phrasing) but that if it makes them happy they should go for it.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    To me Chaz always looks unhappy. Perhaps it is the weight. Maybe we should convince him to join MFP.