Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to calculate calories burned at work..

I know it’s not technically a workout as in a gym ... but I recently started a different position at work and it’s completely kicked my butt... I build boxes ( some are 8 feet long ) stapling them to pallets ... loading parts from 2-3 lines into the boxes ... pulling full skids with hand jack to the staging aisle... I’m bending my knees each time I pack a part and I’m running back and forth to keep up... I do this 8 hours a day... this week I could barely sit since my legs hurt so much. I can’t track my steps since I’m not allowed my phone... and don’t have a fitness tracker yet... just not sure what type of activity I could log to get a comparable calorie burn... any suggestions?

Replies

• stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Maybe just figure out your TDEE with the higher activity level, and use that new calorie range on work days?
  • angelmikesmith
    angelmikesmith Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you I’ll give that a go
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    As far as steps, a cheap Walmart pedometer (or 5 below for $5), but it wouldn’t track the up and down and lifting.