300+ lbs and Looking For More Fabulous Friends!

Options
Hi everyone! I’ve been fat my whole life and I need to make a huge change if I want to live a long, happy life. One of the biggest problems I have is my relationship with food. I eat when I’m happy, sad, bored, and everything in between.

I’m hoping to find people who are in a similar boat, so we can motivate each other to start living a healthy lifestyle.

I love and appreciate anyone who is supportive, but it’s a different level of support when you’re talking to people who know what your struggles are like. Overeating/Bingeing, etc. is a big problem for me, but my healthier friends try to empathize by telling me they ate four whole cookies when they only should’ve had one. My problem is that I’ll eat 4 sleeves of cookies as a pre-dinner snack. It’s hard to find people who truly understand the struggle.

Please add me as a friend or leave a message here if you’d like to connect!

Replies

• nknkE
    nknkE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello VoluptuousComedyNerd

I'm Nikki *waves* It's nice to find people who can relate and are in the same boat ~ that's me 🙋‍♀️ I am also an over eater and binge eater and know how you feel, it can be really hard sometimes. I'd love to be friends and share the support and motivation :-)
  • KristyG1991
    KristyG1991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Y’all! I am also on a looooong journey to health and happiness! Add me if you’d like! I look forward to following you on your adventure! etbqyy8i42tq.jpeg
  • MariaA1960
    MariaA1960 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge eater too, I can relate. One scoop of ice-cream? You're kidding, right? It's the whole tub, despite feeling sick halfway through. I want more than anything to be slim and healthy, and I am determined to get there this time. Add me if you think we can support each other.
  • deshawnlove
    deshawnlove Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    txg4xk9n6onu.jpeg

Wants to drop 75lbs
  • sydneygilmanlts
    sydneygilmanlts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I totally understand your struggle. I have lost 100lbs and unfortunately, I’ve gained 10lbs back. It’s a constant struggle to keep the weight off. I found that slowly easing back into a calorie deficit is what works best for me, and that’s exactly what I’m doing now. Back to basics with meal prepping and working out. Feel free to add me or message me if you need support.
    You can do this!! ❤️
  • DemonKingIsMe
    DemonKingIsMe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel this on a very strong level. I'd be more than happy to add you since we have very similar background. I'm 19 and my weight peaked at 146.6kg (323 lbs) and I hated it. I want to make a change. Feel free to message me so we can do this together!
  • 87karolina
    87karolina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

I jumped to 125kg after my pregnancy. Feel free to add me to share tips or just chat. I want to lose 50kg but I did have a c section. I cant do weights as it still hurts. I tried many times.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hey folks just wanted to mention a group board you might want to connect with. It's called large losers and is very supportive of those of us who have or want to lose 100 lbs or more. Great people on there who understand the struggle.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Add me not currently in the 300s but I was at my highest weight 317 pounds even after gastric bypass surgery many years ago. Feel free to add me. I know about binging even though it is hard to do anymore with certain foods. I currently still have around 100 pounds to lose give or take. I weigh 242. I started this journey last year at 275 pounds lost down to around 220 and gained back 35 pounds almost so I restarted around a month ago at 253 pounds.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • VoluptuousComedyNerd
    Options
    Hey folks just wanted to mention a group board you might want to connect with. It's called large losers and is very supportive of those of us who have or want to lose 100 lbs or more. Great people on there who understand the struggle.

I'm already a member! Nice people there :smile:
  • smat52
    smat52 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a chocoholic and a binge eater. Started back today and looking for support.
  • smat52
    Options
    cheryldumais wrote: »
    Hey folks just wanted to mention a group board you might want to connect with. It's called large losers and is very supportive of those of us who have or want to lose 100 lbs or more. Great people on there who understand the struggle

I'm unable to find that group under Large Losers. Can you give me more info? Thanks!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    smat52 wrote: »
    cheryldumais wrote: »
    Hey folks just wanted to mention a group board you might want to connect with. It's called large losers and is very supportive of those of us who have or want to lose 100 lbs or more. Great people on there who understand the struggle

I'm unable to find that group under Large Losers. Can you give me more info? Thanks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • Sunnynature
    Sunnynature Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This board touched me! I am 400lbs and have made up my mind that enough is enough!!! I'm done with being too fat to live the life I want!! I was diagnosed with pre diabetes on Friday, Oct 4 and started on Metformin. It has me fired up and ready for a change!! I am going to start water walking in the pool and increase exercise from there. I will also be using MFP to track my foods. I have severe arthritis in almost every joint in my body and I'm in pain all the time. I'd be lying if I said was not scared....but I feel different this time. I feel like this decision is mine. I'm not losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle for anyone except me. I have put myself first in my head. I welcome any and all support!!
  • smat52
    Options
    @sunnynature, you sound as determined as me today. I have all those same issues. I started going to the ymca last week to walk in the water. We can and will do this!🤗👍
  • donnadee1984
    donnadee1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    MariaA1960 wrote: »
    I'm a binge eater too, I can relate. One scoop of ice-cream? You're kidding, right? It's the whole tub, despite feeling sick halfway through. I want more than anything to be slim and healthy, and I am determined to get there this time. Add me if you think we can support each other.
    Add me
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good fight friends.
    At my highest I was 340, and I'm down 100lbs.
    You can do this, never give up.