I can't eat that much!!

Options
2»

Replies

• claireashby
    Options
    All I'm saying here is go talk to a Personal trainer, and ask them 1 question, that's it, just one. this:

"If I have a NET calorie intake of between 600 and 1000 calories, is it ok?" Cuz that's what she is doing, her net calories consumed for the day is about 700 (assuming the exercise calories is close to accurate).

I dare say not single a trainer worth their salt will say "Yes that's ok". In fact, that is considered, medically speaking, a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) defined as: Daily food consumption 50% net calories or lower of your maintenance calories. And every study and research article I have ever read have all said that a VLCD should only be performed for short periods (3 weeks or less) and under strict doctor supervision AND the only people recommended to take on this kind of diet are people with a BMI of, in some studies 30, in other studies 35 or greater.

That's it, I'm not going to rail on anyone about starvation mode or eating your exercise calories, or anything like that. I've already made my best factual case on that, people can choose to believe it or not, and I'm done trying to convince people of it.

Note: I'm not angry with anyone, or trying to insult anyone here, just trying to make sure everyone is healthy. And to me, being at 50% of your maintenance calories for any extended period (3 or more days) is absolutely unhealthy.

I really do hope that everyone on here finds a healthy, sustainable way to lose the weight they want to lose. That's all I want.

-Banks

agreed!

im doing the same thing, not intentionally but i was a binge eater before, i would eat only one meal a day in the evening usually after 8pm, since starting my diet ive been eating 3 meals a day and snacking, not a single day have i managed to eat more than 1100 calories and im supposed to be at 1500. in fact once day i forgot to log my meals when i did the next day i had only eaten 794 calories and excercised that day too. im just not used to eating this amount of food and the thought of adding to it is scaring me.

i hadnt read this topic but had a meeting with my trainer last night and asked him about my intake, he said exactly the same thing as has been said here, i need to eat more snacks throughout the day especially on days i excercise, in his words my body is grabbing everything im taking in and keeping a tight grip on it as its confused and doesnt know when or where the next meal is coming from.
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I only have to stick to 1200...ever since I cut down on junk food binging, I NEVER feel hungry anymore! It's been a bit hard to stick to 1200 calories, so I hope I don't go into starvation mode.