Stay-at-home Mama needs support on health journey!!

Options
I'm a 30 year old mama to a very sweet but VERY active little 3 year old boy. I'm struggling to keep up with him and feeling like I'm not the best mom I can be for him is severely adding to my depression and anxiety. It's safe to say I've hit rock bottom and I need to do something, quick.

I am 5'4 and weighing in today at 270 pounds (highest weight was 283 😳). I would love to get down to 160 or lower, but for now my main goal is getting out of the 200's and into "onederland". I plan on following a low-carb and sugar/dairy-free diet and doing at-home cardio and weight training and will be sharing progress pictures along the way.

I can't wait to eventually become the person who "made it" so that I can help others who are still struggling like I am. It seems impossible right now but I'm determined to get healthy for myself and for my family.

I'd LOVE some mom friends who are in the same boat to support and cheer on and share meals and ideas with!!! Please add me if you need a friend!

Replies

• vitta2015
    vitta2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m reading something I wrote! We’re exactly in the same situation. Stay at home mom, depression, anxiety and a toddler.
  • lizramir
    lizramir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stay at home is hard plus adding healthy eating and exercise!! But we can do it ladies!!! I have 1 yr old and have crazy hormone imbalance so that's fun but even just a couple weeks of eating better (it's hard work) I feel some better! We are not striving for perfection but progress love this quote!!
  • janeacaruso
    janeacaruso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My babies are now adults (20,22, 24 yrs) but I let my health take 5 place to everyone else’s needs until very recently. Take this opportunity to demo to your young children how to take good care of THEMSELVES, by taking good care of yourself. They will learn more from your example than what you say!!!
  • GizmoDawn
    GizmoDawn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too. I'm 30 with 8 and 3 yo boys.
  • bonsaipink17
    bonsaipink17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just found out how to find my own post. 🤦 You guys are awesome, thanks for reching out-- adding you all now! 💗💗
  • bonsaipink17
    bonsaipink17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My babies are now adults (20,22, 24 yrs) but I let my health take 5 place to everyone else’s needs until very recently. Take this opportunity to demo to your young children how to take good care of THEMSELVES, by taking good care of yourself. They will learn more from your example than what you say!!!

Absolutely!!! Thank you for this! 💗 Such an important reminder.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in a similar situation as a mom who strives to overcome feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy, always pushing myself to be "better."

Something I have been practicing is honoring myself as I am.

Seriously, it's really hard. Like, what does that even look like, right?

It looks like talking myself down when I get hard on myself and saying (and meaning) that I am worth a lot exactly as I am. It looks like stopping myself from picking up crap food and cramming it down my gullet until I feel like I am going to burst, by noticing that I am feeling a lot emotions, trying to name those emotions, and then giving myself some space to FEEL those emotions. It doesn't always work, but it is a starting place.

• daBoonah
    daBoonah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 236 lb SAHM here. I have a 2 yr old and a 6 month old. I’ve been watching My 600-Pound Life and it’s scaring the daylights out of me to think I may be putting my girls in a situation where I get that big and either they have to take care of me or I die and it leaves them traumatized!
    My hubby and I both need to lose weight so we are trying to do high protein, low carb, starting today. Wish us luck, ladies!
    Feel free to add me!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺