Need motivation.

Options
Hey everybody.
I’ve never posted in here before, but I desperately need some motivation.
I have made really good progress since June 2019, but I find myself lagging recently. vz7pfpnvpsru.jpeg

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    When I am struggling (and even though I am in a much better place health, weight and fitness wise compared to 3 years ago) I find it useful to figure out if there is an underlying cause (in my case it's usually that I have a tendency to self-medicate with food when I have unusually high work/life stress) because then I can tackle the cause.

I also find it useful to focus on short-term non-weight goals. Ultimately these goals help with weight loss but also help to improve my wellbeing, fitness and mental health.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I lost 40 pounds last year, gained 20 of it back and have lost all of it again and then some... but I'm finding myself slipping into bad habits again. I think maybe it's that time of the year. Halloween candy is everywhere. It's cold and raining so I haven't been doing my lunch time walks, which in turn means I'm at my desk eating, which in turn saps my energy and when it comes time to do my Yoga I cancel my class... SO - I'm in here, looking for motivation. Reminding myself to take some Vitamin D to counteract the lack of sun. Hoping someone will say something or tell me what the secret is to staying totally motivated so I can push through to my goals instead of just seesawing back and forth with the same 20 pounds....
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look great! You want motivation??? Just look at those two photos once in awhile. Heck, the pics are even motivating ME!!!
  • igutt
    igutt Posts: 97 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You’ve done it before so the motivation is not there so look for the “Why” you want to lose weight and make it a routine and not do it when just motivated @JulianGiura
  • ravynpearce
    ravynpearce Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m happy to hear I’m not the only one suffering from the ebbs and flows of life. For additional motivation I turn to self-help audio books, news articles, memes, and anything else that holds an inspiring positive message. I also pray/meditate to clear my mind and focus on my goals to get back into the rythym of working out, clean eating, and practicing yoga. It can be super hard pushing past procrastination and mental blockages but just by taking initiative and recognizing the place you’re in right now shows that you care and you have the determination lying within you. I wish you boundless success on your journey! 🙏🏼😊
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Forget motivation - this is emotional and fleeting. It's a symptom, not a cause. Start with discipline.

I've done a great deal of financial counseling over the years and the question I pose first is "What would you do if you had great wealth?" The vast majority don't know yet - would pay off bills, buy a dream car/house, but beyond that there is no thought of a next step.

To flip this to fitness "What would you do if you achieved your ideal fitness/health?" Are you going to run marathons, climb mountains, inspire others? There's your goal - you now need to develop a higher meaning in achieving this goal.

What are your priorities in life? Are you acting in a manner reflecting these priorities? Do some soul searching and ask this first. Once you act in accordance with these priorities motivation comes naturally.