My son has a Fairyanna in his class.

I just wish I was joking.

I have encountered some oddball names at work too including:

Lemongello & Orangello (twins)

Poet Prince

Babymarissa

LaGina

La—a

There are more but I can’t think of them now.

These are just child abuse!

Right! Oh, I forgot Blenda.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    you should name your baby Daddy.
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Poet Prince

Babymarissa

LaGina

La—a

I have heard most of these before and was about 99% sure they were all part of racist urban myths.

I work in a large hospital and see a lot of people and names. The twin names I mentioned that you may have heard of are probably the boys I saw. Not making these up.

Also, LOL
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Someone in Arkansas named their twin sons Hampshire Kitt and Buckingham Rhodes. This year.
    Sorry to contribute to this thread going astray but it bears mentioning I thought.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    Someone in Arkansas named their twin sons Hampshire Kitt and Buckingham Rhodes. This year.
    Sorry to contribute to this thread going astray but it bears mentioning I thought.

Horrible.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    I think the Kardashian’s names Chicago and North are horrible. WTF. The kids are so cute too.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

Poet Prince

Babymarissa

LaGina

La—a

I have heard most of these before and was about 99% sure they were all part of racist urban myths.

I work in a large hospital and see a lot of people and names. The twin names I mentioned that you may have heard of are probably the boys I saw. Not making these up.

Also, LOL

I was pretty sure I heard of these twins when I was in high school. Every few years it seems that someone else has a connection to these boys or La-a.
    I did hear somewhere that it is likely that someone WILL or may have since named their kids these things as an homage to the original myths, but I didn't think there was any confirmation of it actually happening.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My sister ex named there two boys
    Delson and chayton. There no logic in his reason for the names. Delson he had a kid last December his girlfriend named him felix which i think is so cool
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I think the Kardashian’s names Chicago and North are horrible. WTF. The kids are so cute too.

I agree Chicago and North are horrible but I honestly like them better than say...Draxxen, Jyllyen, Brayton or Khaleiah pronounced as "Kayla".
  • seltzermint555
    Options

Poet Prince

Babymarissa

LaGina

La—a

Also, LOL

I was pretty sure I heard of these twins when I was in high school. Every few years it seems that someone else has a connection to these boys or La-a.
    I did hear somewhere that it is likely that someone WILL or may have since named their kids these things as an homage to the original myths, but I didn't think there was any confirmation of it actually happening.

I feel like if you have ever been in a really large company/hospital/agency you know that it's way more common than you would think to encounter people named Fountanna, Wayne Newton IV, and SamSinne.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You can even make up a name. Combine two first names of loved ones. I was going to do that with my daughter. After loved family members that passed from cancer. Emma and Jennifer = Emmajen. My hubby didn't want be reminded of his sister all the time, so I just went with Jennifer.

His other sister put together everyone's first initial of their first names and made a name.

I also love the name Everly for a girl.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    tonykm1 wrote: »
    How about Emerie???

LOL- ok sorry but to me that sounds like a toddler trying to say "Emily"
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I love Rowan Elizabeth.

It strikes me that you can explain why you love each girl’s name and why it’s meaningful to you, but the boys’ names are all sort of names I have seen recently in articles about trendy names. Are there any boys’ names which are meaningful to you? A relative, a friend, an inspiration, perhaps a surname which would make a good name? Emerson Wilder, for example, is a great sounding name.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Did you hear about the baby in the incubator; They put a sign on the incubator “please save urine” so the parents named her Urine.
    How about the couple who had chosen lots of girls names but no boys names. Grandma said “you better think up a boys name just in case. The next day Justin Case was born. They call him Casey.

OP. Keep an open mind. Listen to everyone. But choose from the ❤️. You will be stuck with this name forever, just like your child will. Pick something you love and can live with forever. Best wishes.
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We keep a Name List at work - I'm in the marketing/advertising business, and we get a TON of calls and emails - so we started this list about twelve years ago. Here are my favorite first names so far: Margerine, LaTrine, and Female. Female might be my all-time favorite - woman said her mother didn't know what to name her, saw her bracelet, and the word 'Female' was on it, so she thought that would be a good name (she pronounced it as if it would rhyme with 'Emily' - 'Female'). My two cents.
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Did you hear about the baby named, Jesuschristpeoplewillbelieveanything?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

I hope they marry.

You’re evil. Our last name is jacked up enough, nevermind the poor girl having that first name too!
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Options

Poet Prince

Babymarissa

LaGina

La—a

Lol 😂 those are much MUCH worse.

This little girl though, despite her name being super weird, she does suit it. She’s like a little pixie with glitter in her hair and pink everything. I doubt she’ll grow up to be this kind of adult though.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Welp, some of these beat out Liberty and Justice, twin sisters in my 7 year old son's grade. Or the very strange spellings of otherwise completely normal names I've seen on the roster. You know, just to be edgy.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Options
    beckyrpl wrote: »
    We keep a Name List at work - I'm in the marketing/advertising business, and we get a TON of calls and emails - so we started this list about twelve years ago. Here are my favorite first names so far: Margerine, LaTrine, and Female. Female might be my all-time favorite - woman said her mother didn't know what to name her, saw her bracelet, and the word 'Female' was on it, so she thought that would be a good name (she pronounced it as if it would rhyme with 'Emily' - 'Female'). My two cents.

I used to work for a company that Telus contracted with and seen a lot of really weird names. Like Sir Churchill and Ma Hoe. I’m really not sure how many of them are real though. This is going back 13 years ish but I remember I was allowed to use my middle name for caller I.d, perhaps just people trying to get a laugh.