Beachbody Program?

Options
Morning Meltdown or 21 Day Fix?

51 year female
160lb
Want to lose 20 lbs (in 3 mos of possible)
Limited jumping due to a bad knee.

Suggestions?

Thank you!!

Replies

• maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    jenina04 wrote: »

51 year female
    160lb

Suggestions?

Thank you!!

To lose weight count your calories. Set MFP to an appropriate weight loss goal (most likely .5-1lb per week is appropriate) and activity level and eat those calories. If you exercise above your activity level then log that exercise and eat back 50% of those calories.

Most likely you will not lose 20 lbs in 3 months. 5-12 lbs is probably realistic. The time is going to pass anyways, does it matter if it takes longer than 3 months in the long run? In my experience setting time frames for success is a sure fire way to not succeed, especially at weight loss.

For health you can exercise and I'm sure either of those programs are fine. Log the exercise (as I stated above) which is above your activity level setting and eat 50% of those calories back. My training coach always says not to train in pain, so if you can't jump without pain. Don't jump.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    jenina04 wrote: »

51 year female
    160lb

Suggestions?

Thank you!!

How about trying PiYo, it's not as.jumpy as some of the programs but it's still intense and its so good for flexibility. I go to a class once a week and am always drenched in sweat and can feel I've had a really good workout. And as a bonus I'm far more flexible (I'm a runner and we are notoriously inflexible) and easier to stretch out
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    21 day fix is lower impact than Morning Meltdown. I found MM100 to be a little more jumpy and choreographed than I like. There is a modifier in either workout so you could always just follow her.
  • jenina04
    jenina04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I realize counting calories is the answer, and I am doing that. I wanted to tone up as well and wanted to try a new bb program after doing TurboFire for so long. Tuff on the knee.

Thanks everyone!