New and in my 50"s

Options
I haven't been back to fitnesspal in ages. I have lost motivation to eat right and exercise.
Well, I guess this is a good start. I will log my food today. Struggled with menopause for a
couple of years, but have that solved (found a good doctor). She says I need a dietitian, but I cannot afford that and go to her (not covered by insurance). Ok, here I go!!

Replies

• shayulls1
    shayulls1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Darlin'...I just picked back up with MFP, ugh, yesterday...I am in my late 40's. I had been serious dieting since February and lost 45 pounds. I jog 5 miles per day, most days. I hit a plateau this summer, seems I wasn't caring too much I guess & felt I earned it. I am currently maintaining but have 12 pounds to go to get to my goal. I am just beginning the whole menopause thing, & I'm pretty excited to not have to deal with that. I am looking for new friends (because most of my old ones are burned out with my progress posting), like a band of motivators. 😀 Why does your doc say you need a dietician?
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I just started with MFP a week ago and I'm also in my 50's. I just started with a weight loss clinic. I saw the doctor about 10 days ago and will see a dietician in December. So far so good.

btw, cute kitty cat
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 71 been on here for over 5 years we have to stick with it so that we don't yo yo. Good luck
  • bambee2013
    bambee2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Cut out most carbs, and eat mostly veggies, fruit and beans. I guess I was in a little denial on how much fat and crap I was eating. I've been adding in a little exercise here and there. I lost 4 pounds in a week just by using fitness pal and being aware of what I'm eat.Oh, and I cut out most cheese, once in whiIe I will have a piece of low fat cheese.
  • bambee2013
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks for all of your support.
  • clevelandwriter
    clevelandwriter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greetings. I'm a fairly physical 55 year old. Starting to feel old. I played ice hockey for the past 20 years and stopped 8 months ago. I just started running 2-3 miles 4 times a week on a treadmill. I use the term "running" loosely. I'd say it's more like "moving my feet faster than a job, but not quite full steam." It's a start.

I'm 5'1, 108 lbs with a 102 goal weight. Small frame. Until I was 43 I weight 98 lbs and ate whatever I wanted. A bowl of pasta at 11 p.m. seemed like a perfect bedtime snack. *Sigh* I miss those days. Not looking for lectures on my goal of 102 being not a healthy weight. That's about what I weighed 4 years ago before...

...I remarried in 2014 and moved to downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is waaaaay too much fun so my husband and I went out every. single. night. and by 2016 I put on 12 pound of food and alcohol and sitting behind a desk 8 hours a day. It took me 2 year to get to 108 by cutting back on alcohol going out every night. I now have 2-3 glasses of wine a week instead of a night and just started the "moving my feet faster" thing.

In late 2016 I quit my desk job and now manage my own rentals which means I have freedom to hit the gym daily and have to deal with a sedentary desk job. My activity level from that alone tripled. Menopause, I am happy to say, did nothing to me.

Looking for motivational buddies. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy lifestyle.

• bambee2013
    Options
    Hi There. My name is Tracy. I am going to try to add you as my buddy. I have never been very athletic. Menopause hit me like a truck. I was losing hope for a while, but things are changing because I am trying harder, moving more. I live in Southern California and there are Mexican food places on every corner. My boyfriend and I were "regulars" at one of the restaurants. I've stopped that, and am planning my meals before I go to the restaurant now. I am 5'4" and 160.5lbs. I'm very curvy and would be happy at 140lbs. I am just keeping it simple, cutting out most carbs and sugar. I will allow myself to eat on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • judyrasky
    judyrasky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greetings. I'm a fairly physical 55 year old. Starting to feel old. I played ice hockey for the past 20 years and stopped 8 months ago. I just started running 2-3 miles 4 times a week on a treadmill. I use the term "running" loosely. I'd say it's more like "moving my feet faster than a job, but not quite full steam." It's a start.

I'm 5'1, 108 lbs with a 102 goal weight. Small frame. Until I was 43 I weight 98 lbs and ate whatever I wanted. A bowl of pasta at 11 p.m. seemed like a perfect bedtime snack. *Sigh* I miss those days. Not looking for lectures on my goal of 102 being not a healthy weight. That's about what I weighed 4 years ago before...

...I remarried in 2014 and moved to downtown Cleveland. Cleveland is waaaaay too much fun so my husband and I went out every. single. night. and by 2016 I put on 12 pound of food and alcohol and sitting behind a desk 8 hours a day. It took me 2 year to get to 108 by cutting back on alcohol going out every night. I now have 2-3 glasses of wine a week instead of a night and just started the "moving my feet faster" thing.

In late 2016 I quit my desk job and now manage my own rentals which means I have freedom to hit the gym daily and have to deal with a sedentary desk job. My activity level from that alone tripled. Menopause, I am happy to say, did nothing to me.

Looking for motivational buddies. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy lifestyle.

How’s it going? I’m also petite 5’2” and after getting to my goal of 110lb I’ve put on 6lb this summer and I want to lose in 6 weeks. Used MFP before and am active just needing to track more consistently and stop drinking the calories in wine ugh!