bored of 30ds

Options
so im not even that far into it... im on day 9 today... the problem is that im getting bored of it....and im not seeing any results on the scale at all.... i know its cause im probably gaining muscle but it so frustrating when your trying to be lighter and your scale isnt budging..... so my question is..... is it better to make up your own workouts? and when you make them yourslef...do you work out every day? or do you give yourself breaks? OR....should i just stick with it and get it done.... i was going to do P90X after this but im worried that ill get bored now... its not cheep so it worries me...

Replies

• fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got bored too, so I just use 30DS as a supplement to other activities such as walking my dog. I also switch up which level of 30DS I do each day so I don't have to do the exact same thing each time.
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    Are you watching what your eating? Is the workout challenging enough for you? Try to move to Level 2 and see if it helps any.

I'm on my second wave of doing the shred and it's harder to stay motivated to do it this time around. I do take breaks when I need
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Areyou still working on L1? I found if I got bored - I moved on to the next level. Level 3 got me bored after about 5 times - so I moved onto Ripped in 30. This one has 4 - 1 week workouts - that you do 5-6 times so its easier to stay with it I find. I want to get into p90x next !
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Have you moved on to level 2 yet? Her ripped in 30 dvd is only 1 week at each level (4 levels) so you may be less bored. Also, don't worry so much about the scale. Take measurements! I honestly didn't get bored after only 10 days at each level. I loved seeing how much stronger I got and how much easier the exercises became.
    I wanted to also add, is the workout hard for you? I find that if I'm not screaming during it, I probably need heavier weights. If I'm flying through it and bored, then my body isn't going to change the way I want it to.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    did you take your measurements? give it at least 15 days before you give up. If you check the boards, you can find motivation to stick with it. I've seen some incredible results and even if you don't get results like these, you should be stronger & more fit. Isn't that worth it?
    I guess if you're bored with it, take a break. Try muting Jillian and using your own music?
    I can't see me getting 'bored' with it and I am determined to stick with it. It's only 20 mins and 30 days of my life; I'm worth it.
    I'm gonna do it September, November, April & June. Months that have 30 days

good luck!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    If you're bored, try something else? I actually hated the 30DS as a program, I didn't mind the individual workouts themselves, but there's no way I can do the same 3 workouts for 30 days in a row. I was mind-numbingly bored after less than week of it. If you're set on doing JM workouts, then I'd suggest get all of them and alternate. She has some good workouts, but if you're prone to getting bored then you should switch it up a bit more to keep things interesting.

I'm currently on week 8 of P90x and I'm surprisingly un-bored with it. It's a great program and has enough variety to keep it interesting over the 90 days. I fully expected to get bored and quit the program, but I'm sticking with it and seeing great results.

Also, if you're looking for something new and killer, I'd suggest bodyrock.tv, there are tons of amazing workouts on that site.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight either (day 10 today) but, without a doubt, I can SEE the difference. That's enough motivation for me! I still enjoy it plus it's "only" 20 minutes -- you still have time to supplement with something you enjoy more. My advice is to stick with it a bit longer. Being fit isn't always necessarily how much you weigh. I have to keep telling myself that, too! :)
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I had to switch it up a bit. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do 30DS every single day for 30 days straight. So I do a combination of things so that I don't get bored and so that my body won't get used to a routine. Sometimes (weather permitted) I workout outside, do circuit training room at the gym or do Zumba workout dvd.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Also, now that I've finished the shred and ripped, I'm doing a sort of hybrid of both of them. I do level 1 of the shred one day, level 1 of ripped the next, level 2 of shred, etc. I'm using heavier weights this time around and making it harder where I need to (like holding the weights during some of the cardio in levels 1). Mix it up and do it the way you need to.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30DS last week. I have the same problem. I did 7 days of level 1, 7 days of level 2, an 7 days of level 3.. then I alternated 1, 2, 3 each day. I also took some days off and biked/ran/swam, so it actually took me 40 days or so. Because I switched it up I really liked it.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend P90x or any of the beachbody work outs. They are designed well so you don't get bored and you DO get results. :)
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Unless you are very overweight or very untrained, you cant excpect to se any major changes in the first two weeks, you have to be realistic and have realstic goals. People loosing 20 pounds doing the shred are often very obese. Hang in there, and keep track of what you eat, dont cheat on the cardio and push push push!
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have 30 day shred and 6 week six pack (which has 2 workouts) and i mix them all up and do a different one each day! Nothing is worse then getting bored as you dont put everything into your workout - so dont be scared to mix it up!