"Man reports staggering weight loss..."

Kotuliak
Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
Inspiring story, although 12 months seems like an awful short time for such a massive weight loss - https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/staggering-weight-loss-after-trainer-gets-him-banned-from-fast-food-restaurants

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Glad he has had such success - I hope he has learned the correct habits to sustain his weight loss. I wonder if his trainer was auditioning to be a trainer on the biggest loser? I'm so skeptical, but really that is amazing he did it all for free. So many can't afford getting that kind of help and guidance.

I hope they stay friends forever.
  • I'm not so sure it's unhealthy for someone THAT obese, general rule of thumb is that it's safe to lose 1% of your bodyweight a week and that guy could have started with a 5lb a week loss and been ok
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I'm not so sure it's unhealthy for someone THAT obese, general rule of thumb is that it's safe to lose 1% of your bodyweight a week and that guy could have started with a 5lb a week loss and been ok

I agree, it was an aggressive rate of loss but attainable for someone of his weight, especially considering he is still well over 200 pounds after having lost 280.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!