How much of a calorie deficit?

Options
Mfp has giving me 2110 as a calorie limit for losing weight. How much of that am I needing to leave to steady get the 2lb loss per week? Days are different each day depending on if I eat more or less just depends if I'm more hungry or not. Some days I have 500 remaining. Other days I have 113 remaining.

I do not exercise ( yet) so I like to stick under my calorie limit. But wanting a general a estimated number to try to stick with

Replies

• kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    MFP has already calculated your deficit and the calories you were given...2110 includes that. You need to eat all of them.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    If you selected 2 pounds a week and got 2110, that means it is already how many calories you need to eat to lose 2 pounds. MFP calculated your maintenance calories to be 3110 and subtracted 1000.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the input! I'll do that. Honestly a lot of the times I do not eat all of them. Not cause I'm starving myself but just cause I am not hungry. Thanks again!
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    Thank you guys for the input! I'll do that. Honestly a lot of the times I do not eat all of them. Not cause I'm starving myself but just cause I am not hungry. Thanks again!

I do the same, most of the time I just can't hit that goal because I'm not hungry and I don't want to ear anymore. It's just that simple.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I do the same, most of the time I just can't hit that goal because I'm not hungry and I don't want to eat anymore. It's just that simple.

It's not that simple.

Adequate nutrition isn't about not being hungry. There are many high volume (low nutrient) foods that can be filling. At the end of the day, what does your protein and fat intake look like?

Losing weight is just the first step. Learn portion sizes (and control) for all foods, not just "diet" ones.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Mfp has giving me 2110 as a calorie limit for losing weight. How much of that am I needing to leave to steady get the 2lb loss per week? Days are different each day depending on if I eat more or less just depends if I'm more hungry or not. Some days I have 500 remaining. Other days I have 113 remaining.

I do not exercise ( yet) so I like to stick under my calorie limit. But wanting a general a estimated number to try to stick with

are you using a scale to weigh your food before logging?
    I found it unreliable to depend on hunger signals, and, sometimes I have to make myself eat the calories that are still available. Other times, I have a couple glasses of water to distract myself from the urge to nibble because i've already eaten my calories for the day.

good luck. slow and steady wins the race.