How has exercise improved your life?

Options
There are a lot of threads saying people hate exercise, struggle to find motivation, etc. I thought this would be a fun, life-affirming topic, and your story could make it easier for people to find motivation on days when it's a struggle.

GO

Replies

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I used to hate exercise I did not want to move this was when I was at my heaviest.
    But I was honest to myself I'd always felt better when I did exercise and I also realised that I was uusually thinner then. I looked at when in my life I felt happiest, analysed what was in my life then and missing now. I started copying and/or working toward building my life to that base again.

It meant starting up yoga and walking more I started with some of the things I liked then and guess what I was hard it so so hard! Not as much fun as I had remembered it to be (mind you those extra 20Kgs did nog hep)
    But I persevered and all of a sudden realised that it was not that hard to incorporate a walk a day. There was no need to do my shopping any other way but to walk. There was no real need to watch TV sit at the computer if instead I could go for a short walk.

From there my mindset git better my body got better and my mental heath got better. As my exercise increased so did my mental stamina. Exercise had become my go to way to deal with stress over food and I am finding that the pay off is much better.