Calories burned question?

Options
Hello,

I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. It seems when I log my exercises using a game system such as my Xbox Kinect that it is not matching the calories that this app tells me I should have burned. Am I supposed to go with the calories that my Xbox is showing me, or what this app is showing me?

Thank you!

Marianne

Replies

• colemankatiej
    Options
    Sometimes the calories that MyFitnessPal shows are entered by an individual. I would enter your own calories to be more accurate. :smile:
  • Crystal3004
    Crystal3004 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    the calories tha MFP give are usually a lot more than i burn...so i go by what the system says..its more accurate. good luck!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    the most accurate way to measure calories burned is using a heart rate monitor. Using the machine or mfp is always going to be an average based on the information you enter. If you enter in height, age, weight, and gender that is getting your closer, but it really depends on your heart rate. The harder you work the more you burn. I have a polar HRM and while it was pricey, it was the best investment I have made in getting healthy. Hope this helps!
  • ckspores
    ckspores Posts: 52
    Options
    I wouldn't trust either. A HR monitor with a chest strap is the only thing I would trust.
  • MarGetsThinner
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice/replies everyone! :smile: