Just bought a Vitamix...

Options
Sway
Sway Posts: 100 Member
PLEASE tell me that it's worth it... I'm having buyer's remorse this morning... there were TONS of great reviews, but almost $400 is craziness to me... yikes, I really hope I get a LOT out of this?!! I can't wait to make smoothies, and soft serve ice cream, etc... I'll be looking into every smoothie recipe out there.

Replies

• nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Vita-Mix. I even grew up with a Vita-Mix, it was such a cool machine all stainless steel. It is still working (over 4o years old) and my daughter has it. The service department at Vita-Mix are so good....very dependable. I like them so much that I have bought two of my sons Vita-Mixes hoping it will encourage them to make healthy smoothies.

I drink a green smoothie almost everyday. You can not make a yummy, creamy green smoothie in anything but a really high powered blender like the vita-mix or blendtec.

I hope I have helped with your buyer remorse...........just use it regularly and you will love it!
  • ScottInTheOC
    ScottInTheOC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wish I could afford one. They are one of the best mixer/blenders on the market. Commercial quality and will last a lifetime. I would buy a second vessel if you can if you use it a lot. Right now they are the one to buy next to BlendTec. I think QVC or HSN is selling the Vitamix on EasyPay.

There is so much you can make in your VitaMix and it's not just for smoothies and drinks. Use it to make sauces too! Have fun with it and use it everyday and you will NOT have buyer's remorse! :)
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can buy yourself one and me one...:)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There are so many things you can do with your Vita-Mix that as long as you find recipes to make, it WILL be worth it. Even making raw cashew cheese is worth it. It is so yummy and creamy, you can't make it without a high powered blender. I have a Blend-Tec and I use it every single day for smoothies, sauces, cheese, ice cream, soup, etc. You just have to make sure you use it
  • Sway
    Options
    Okay, thanks... and that's what I woke up thinking.... how often will I really use it... and I figured the more I got into it the more excited about various recipes, hummus, icies, everything!

I'd LOVE to know more about cashew cheese... sounds interesting.

They had it on QVC yesterday for the best price I've found... the tax knocked it up another $20 bucks, but like you said I'll get out of it, what I put into it... so I'm excited. Now do I get a Costco membership to get all that frozen fruit.... one big spend, turns to another, which turns to another... ugh. :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to know more about cashew cheese... sounds interesting.
    Here's my recipe for raw cashew cheeze

1 1/2 cups raw cashews (best if soaked for 2 hours, but not needed)
    1/2-1 cup water (depends on consistancy)
    1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
    1/4 cup nutrtional yeast
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 dashes black pepper
    1 TBS lemon Juice
    1 TBS dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp tumeric
    Blend in Vita-Mix and use on your favorite dishes!
  • boisevore
    boisevore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That cashew cheese sounds great thanks for posting the recipe!
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Saw it was on sale and on easy pay yest on QVC...so I went for it. Have heard so much good for it. Googled Vitamix and found a ton of recipes for them on the company website. Not terribly rich...but figured if I paid over 5 months...work a little extra and this can replace my starbuck frapp addiction. Can't wait for it to arrive.
  • Sugs94
    Options
    I should add that I am determined to do healthier smoothies/green smoothies and am hoping that this helps inspire me.
  • Sway
    Options
    I'm right there with you Sugs!! I'm excited... my buyers remorse has faded into, I can't wait until it gets here!!
  • Sugs94
    Options
    Yep....mine has shipped according to QVC. Lets get em and get to blending Sway!!!!!!
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was given a Vitamix as a gift and did not really know anything about it at the time. I am amazed at the things that it can do. I make all kinds of things from breadcrumbs and sauces to smoothies. It cleans and stores beautifully. Quiet. Quick. It's the best thing I have in my kitchen.