Staying motivated

Options
I feel like a rollercoaster. I know what I have to do but I get derailed and choose 'yummy' foods over 'healthy' foods. Now sometimes, I do greatly like healthy foods, but I have to admit that when things get difficult, I choose comfort (high fat, high carb) foods. Then I feel awful and bloated and need to start all over again, again. How can I push through those moments or days and stay on track or get back on track without wasting another day or 5 because I slipped up? What really motivates you, no matter how bad cravings get?

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Fit some of those yummy foods in your daily or weekly calories. Maybe it will keep you from feeling deprived and eating too much of the foods you'd rather not eat so much of.

Or see if you can make a substitution. Cottage cheese and stevia and cocoa for chocolate. Zucchini noodles instead of pasta. Pizza on low carb tortilla or in zucchini boats or bell peppers.
  • DonnaL1959
    DonnaL1959 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Saronly - sounds worth a try!
  • craftymelli7
    craftymelli7 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My therapist says look at the picture as one day instead of a bigger time span. So today is today. You have today to make whatever decisions you make. But just for today. That way you don't feel so overwhelmed or stuck. Tomorrow is a new day. With entirely different choices and situations. One day at a time. Don't beat yourself up. Just be you doing your best in the moment. I have issues with stress eating. So I know how it feels like a rollercoaster. But we can only take life one day at a time. ☺️
  • DonnaL1959
    DonnaL1959 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Crafty Melli - appreciate the reminder. :)