What are you meal prepping this week!?

Options
Just curious what everyone is meal prepping for the week !?♥️

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I am prepping some ingredients but not full meals just now. I pressed and sliced then pan fried some tofu; it keeps well this way and I can put it in sandwiches or chop more for other dishes. I'll cook up some quinoa and some brown rice. Beyond that I can wing it.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Mine was pretty basic this week. Fried some turkey breast mince (ground turkey for those of you in the US), added some smoked paprika and fresh lime juice. Served with roast sweet potato and pan fried silverbeet. That will do me for Monday - Thursday.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Batch cooking dutch split pea soup.
    https://www.thespruceeats.com/traditional-dutch-split-pea-soup-1129011

Leftover carrots and celery will go into Marcella Hazans bolognaise sauce
    https://leitesculinaria.com/84057/recipes-marcella-hazan-bolognese-sauce.html

Freezer will be pretty full after that.

We're on the same wavelength, I made split pea barley jalapeno soup tonight. No meat though! I'll be eating it all week both because I'm single and I love split pea.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I batch cooked yesterday: roasted 2 large chicken breasts, 1 white onion, 1 head of garlic, 2 purple bell peppers and some remaining broccoli and corn I had in my freezer (all together in one pan with a good amount of seasoning). I separated it into 4 containers (lunch for Mon. - Thur.) and I'm looking forward to lunch today because it smelled really good yesterday.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    I’m not. I never meal prep. I’m an ole fashioned cook something from scratch every night. Steak baked potato and salad for me tonight.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I prep my veggies for the week and freeze leftovers (ones that can be frozen). I'm just not keen on eating meat that's been in my fridge for longer than 3 days.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make some shredded chicken in the instant pot tonight and probably use it for little chicken soft tacos for dinners all week . Might add some scrambled eggs!

Probably cut up some veggies and pre-portion as well. Happy monday to everyone!
  • jgig96
    jgig96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need prep ideas but happy that I made hard boiled eggs for a coupke days. I also made stuffed peppers for tomorrow night because I won’t get home til after 7 with my kids.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Roasting potatoes, carrots, onion, apple, cabbage and chicken drums.
    Next up, zucchini, peas and shrimp with garlic butter.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Make pulled pork yesterday in the slow cooker for sandwiches this week. I don't have a recipe for BBQ sauce so using store-bought, which I always find way too sweet :(
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Aldi sells these packages of pre made/pre cooked meats in the refrigerated section that are actually pretty good. I’ve tried Thai coconut chicken thighs, Hawaiian chicken thighs, and this week I got carnitas. I split it into three Tupperware containers with some canned refried beans and some uncle bens Spanish rice. Doesn’t get any easier than that!! I also eat some veg with ranch on the side
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make turkey chili today. I got leftover turkey from last nights Thanksgiving dinner.😊
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am prepping boneless skinless chicken breasts. They are in the fridge right now, dusted with salt and seasonings.
    tonight, I'll sear them and drop them in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes. After they rest for another 5 minutes, I'll cut them into 4 oz portions, add 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 black beans (already cooked) and freeze in wide mouth mason jars. Easy lunchbag heat-n-eat. I make this just about every week, and alter the seasonings to add variety.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    My wife usually makes a big thing of quinoa for lunches during the week, but other than that we don't really meal prep. It's still grilling season here, so when I grill for dinner I usually grill enough for that meal and more to take for lunch the next day...maybe the next couple of days. I pretty much have a 72 hour rule on most leftovers, so meal prep for the week for me is a hard NO. We cook dinner most every night fresh unless we've made a big stew or something.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    I might have to wait a few days to do the bolognaise until we have finished off some of the frozen fish and oven fries taking up space in the freezer. Freezer is pretty full from the double batch of dutch split pea soup.
    1rz6tq03xiwd.jpeg

• brinicolelovely
    brinicolelovely Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @bhop2982 I don’t even like veggies very much but that looks so good!
  • brinicolelovely
    brinicolelovely Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @kosseychick turkey chili sounds good, especially this time of year! I’ll have to add that to my list of things to make 🙂