Options
I just started MFP about a week ago...

started at 192.4 and now only moved the scale to 191.2

is that bad? should i change something?

Replies

• Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    No it is not bad. MPF is designed to help you lose the recommended one to two lbs a week. If you would like to lose more you can change your settings.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    If your committed to being healthy for life, then a week is not the time to evaluate. Keep at it and evaluate in down the road.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    No that is good. Keep it up and try to add more exercise in your daily routine. :)
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!! A healthy way to lose. I wouldn't change anything. Just think, 5 or 10 weeks from now if you lost that amount of weight you could lose between 6-12 lbs. And doing it the right way means it'll stay off :)
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I've been on MFP for almost 60 days and am down 14 pounds - could have been more, but for some reason, I just really "got" the whole "eat your exercise calories" point and am doing much better now. I LOVE that it's easy to track all of your food and exercise that doing so keeps me accountable! :) Best wishes to you!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That's actually very good! I've been here since the beginning of the year and it's taken me that long to lose 32.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Never get discouraged. Everyone had different schedules, different routines, different stress levels, different eating habits and everyone's body is different. You will eventually get to your goal. Just keep at it and do not feel bad because you either lost only a pound this week or none at all but suzy Q lost 15 in 5 days. Just stay focus and everything will fall into place.
  • potuschris
    Options
    1-2 pounds a week is what you want. As others said, losing at that rate instead of rapidly is what you want because you're more likely to keep it off. Last time I was working hard at losing weight, I averaged at about 1 pound a week. Some weeks I lost more, some weeks I lost none, but at the end of the year, I'd lost 50 pounds.
  • Zyhon
    Zyhon Posts: 13
    Options
    Of course not. Loosing weight to fast is not good. because you will lose more fast than you change habits. And you get the yo yo effect.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is the way to do this in a healthy way. LIke other said, 1-2 pounds per week is ideal.

I did take a quick look at your diary and have a couple tips:

Make sure you're getting your water in, especially on those occassional days where your sodium intake is high. If you hate plain water, flavor it with lemon or one of those no calorie drink mixes or even a splash of juice.

Try not to go below 1200 calories per day. I know it seems like the less you eat, the more likely you'll lose but that's just not true. If you don't eat enough, your body will hold on to the nutrients/water thinking that something is wrong (aka starvation mode).

Start exercising. Even if you can only walk 5 or 10 minutes, that's better than nothing.

Welcome and good luck!!
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising...

could not this weekend because of Hurricane Irene, I worked out 4 days last week!

I usually do not add in my water intake to MFP...but I could stand to drink more, ALWAYS!!!!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP about a week ago...

it has taken me since 2004 to lose 77#...

in that time I have moved cross country... been homeless... gotten a divorce... went through custody battles... went back to school... got two associates degrees while working at least 3 jobs and being active in 4+ clubs and secretary of the student government... had pneumonia twice... graduated... got a job... lost a job... was unemployed for six months... got a NEW job... had sinus surgery... and had various injuries and other things...

normally every one of those things on my list would be a "gain 30 # do not pass go do not collect 200$" thing... but I made the decision not to let it be so...

so... sometimes the weight comes off lickity split...

sometimes it takes a while....

it is a lifestyle change... if it takes a lifetime... you will get there...
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Thats great, keep going!
  • suckerlove
    Options
    That is super, keep it up!