Mental health

Ever feel like its all too hard? What are some strategies that you can use to break down the wall as you run into them?

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I am talking from my own experience (loss of our dear son George Paul after birth, about 15 years of deep depression and a weight of 170 kg / 375 pounds:) I was one of the lucky ones and eventually was able to get rid of all that heavy medication. Then came my lucky break - I found MFP and my life started to turn for the much, much better. They did all the calculations for me - all I have to do is choose my macros percentages, prepare myself a simple meal plan for the next day and take it day by day, meal by meal. 560 days gone, 43 kg (95 pounds) lost so far. Thanks to MFP and to all those supportive members.
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Just take it one day at a time. Be very kind to yourself. Most of us have been our worst enemies. Time to be your own best friend and cheerleader. Celebrate all progress no matter how small. Move on quickly from slip ups.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    denjan333 wrote: »
    Just take it one day at a time. Be very kind to yourself. Most of us have been our worst enemies. Time to be your own best friend and cheerleader. Celebrate all progress no matter how small. Move on quickly from slip ups.

Well said! Break down goals into smaller goals. Sometimes just getting out of bed is an accomplishment.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Definitely
    sometimes, i just give myself a day to putz. play with dogs. eat good food. watch fun tv shows, read good books
    sometimes, i give myself little goals. take a shower. sweep. make my bed. call a friend.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Problem solve. What exactly are you finding so hard?

It isn’t really a wall. That’s a metaphor for something or somethings. What? You can’t find solutions for a metaphor.

Weight loss is about problem solving. Over and over and over.
  • AnnMarieThomas91
    AnnMarieThomas91 Posts: 119 Member
    I am feeling that !! I am struggling to stay motivated and to get back into the swing of life in general , I tackle each day as it comes, some days are better than other , but I have set myself one goal to try to achieve each day , and that is to eat right. its my biggest issue when I feel like things get to hard I emotionally eat once I am achieving that at 90% i will look at my next goal to get moving again...

whatever is your wall stopping you I am sure you can over come and break threw it !
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    I get times like that. I don't look at them as walls...they are my 'hurdles' and I may not be able to jump them today but tomorrow I might. On my 'hurdle' days I just accept it and have a me day doing whatever I feel like. Be good to yourself and go with the flow. Tomorrow is a new day.