How has exercise improved your life?

Options

Replies

• geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Exercise has not improved my life at all! The two hip replacements I got two start 2019 did! Exercise has become my "enabler"...to keep, to maintain and improve upon the second chance in life and related benefits the surgeries have given me!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    I tried working out on and off throughout my teens, 20s, 30s and 40s. At 45, I started running. I didn't know it at the time, but I was following my own version of C25K. I had always stopped running because it was too hard. I was running too fast, but didn't know it. Then I got hurt and I found a water fitness class. There were people swimming laps at the same time and it looked so graceful and easy. Ha. I learned to swim over the next year, watching goswim videos and just showing up to keep practicing. I was terrible, but there was something about the challenge that was fun. It's like I had my own secret. Nobody knew or cared what my workout was, so I just kept going and getting better. A year ago, I added lifting back into my life and I love it.

It's been 5 years this autumn since I started working out. Now I do it because it allows me to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I'm not always motivated to go to the gym, but it's just what I do. Most days, my car ends up there after work without any conscious thought on my part. Hooray for habits!

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I was in the hospital for 7 days with sepsis. Was fortunate that I got by without dying or no complications like heart attack, stroke or other internal organ issues. My medical professionals told me the only reason I was fortunate was because I was in good shape when I got the infection and my body (plus the meds) was able to fight it off.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Weight training frames my life really. It’s like a structure I really enjoy it as a switch off from work and life stresses. And my dance aerobics classes are fun and the choreography is good for my brain though I’m never gonna be a dancer.

My body feels better when it’s moving. I also think I eat better when I work out. It’s like a positive reinforcement.

Do you go to a class that requires dancing? YOU ARE A DANCER.