ONEDERLAND!!

Been obese/overweight probably since age 8 and am now 34.
Following my husband who I’d been with since 16 cheating on me last year and our split, I decided to put some focus into me and my happiness rather than just work and being a wife and mum.
I started at 261 (probably not my heaviest of all time) last December and have finally seen 199 on the scale this morning. I am so proud of myself and am determined to continue. Losing the weight and exercising has made me look slightly better yes, but it has benefitted my mental health so much more. People comment on how confident and strong I am a lot now.
I never thought I would be able to do this but if I can, so can you. Consistency and patience are the key.
Keep pushing in your own journeys 💪🏻
We’ve got this!

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,325 Member
    Welome to Onderland! That is quite an achievement. Good luck moving forward.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »

Please explain Onderland - some people spell it Onederland? Is there a word for under 399 pounds and 299 pounds ? Thank you.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to onederland! How exciting! 😀

@neugebauer52 I haven't heard of a comparable word for under 399 and 299 but that doesn't mean you can't make one up!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    awesome commitment girl. you ROCK!!!!!!
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Congratulations! I'm down 33 lbs and am 23 lbs away from Onederland but sooo look forward to it, you're an inspiration :)
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member

Please explain Onderland - some people spell it Onederland? Is there a word for under 399 pounds and 299 pounds ? Thank you.

Onederland as a homophone for Wonderland is how I’ve always seen it. The reason there’s no specific word for any of the other sub-hundreds is because there’s not a homophone or other existing language comparison that works!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    edited October 2019

I've heard Threedom and Twoterville, but those are by no means official. :smile:
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    Congratulations!!! Speaking as someone who has been fat since my earliest memories, can I say that I am so so proud of you??

I feel like it's a little harder for people who have lived with childhood obesity, because we don't even know what healthy eating habits are or what a healthy adult body feels like. We have to train ourselves from scratch and what we're fighting towards often feels like some abstract dream.

You're forging a brand new you and it's so amazing and inspiring!
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    AWESOME JOB!!! I can't wait to get out of the twos and into ONEderland. Nice work =)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member

Fantastic !!
  • Bedazzled35
    Bedazzled35 Posts: 51 Member
    Congratulations that's fantastic, can't wait to join you there
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Congratulations!!!
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    What a fantastic job! I can`t wait for Onederland! 6.6 more lbs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!