Sixers Spring Clean Challenge Week 2

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    pedal....glad everything went well. does he like his new teethies?
    kistin...congrats on becoming an aunt :drinker:
    redsox & pedal...fresh starts is what we need sometimes....
    katy...life sure can get in the way sometimes. and never when we are ready for it...
    deb, drtam, tiff, rose, bunny, katie....hope everything is going the way you want. if not it's ok, it will pass. don't give into it....
    shanell...hows the early morns going?

me had a good day. talked w/sister (lives in canada) today. always nice to talk to her. she lost over 150. she is a big help to me. we are the largest in our family of 6 kids. feeling lots better today. i gave up and went and bough drugs. i haven't been taking anything for this cold. i just couldn't do it anymore, should have done this days ago. :laugh: hope i wake up feeling even better. i would like to make a gym trip.

well, off to have my night time snack. later.......
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good evening girls. I had a really good dinner tonight and it was something simple. Grilled steaks and hamburgers w/ brocolli and peas and a dinner roll. I made fries for everyone, but didn't eat them. Didn't want to get up for my workout this morning, but made myself and loved the way I felt afterwards. One more day till I get a break. Going for a walk on Sat, w/ mom and Ruby from Style network, then going somewhere for lunch w/ hubby's aunt.

Glad to see people is doing alright, hope everyone has a wonderful night tonight. Later.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :happy: I am soooooo very proud of all you ladies. You have done a great job with removing weight and/or realizing what you need to do to improve. I'm always impressed. :flowerforyou:

Rhiannon- glad things are okay w/ you and Leith. Starting your number over at 0 was a good idea too. Best wishes and lots of love.

Katie- thanks for checking on me. Glad to see you getting everything working for you. You will do great in the next few weeks. I've got a good feeling!!!

amylou- enjoy your trip! have a blast

Cathy and Shanell- good luck w/ the family challenge. 199 YAY!!!

Amy- glad you have your date set and that you are removing weight. Good luck

Cassie- you are doing great, glad you returned to the group and you are helping me w/ my motivation

To all the rest: Thanks for being a constant in my life!!! :wink:

Well ladies, I will weigh in tomorrow. I am excited because tomorrow 2/27 is my birthday! I will be 28. WOW, time is flying. I can remember my childhood soooo vividly. Its my first year not being busy w/ a test at school and my first year back around my family. I am excited. I am also excited that I have been jogging 2 miles every morning( well... more like M-F). It is sooooo refreshing. I hope that I continue w/ it. I have my first race a 10k at the end of March, w/ my sister, Tiff and a girlfriend from high school. Then, this is the year of my 10 yr High school reunion. I want to be proud of my accomplishments w/ my weight by the reunion (Sept 09). Whew.. Lots to say! The new job keeps me soooo busy but I have been planning my meals too. I need to start posting on the site every 2 days at least. That's my new goal. I miss you all!

Oh yeah, since I feel like I know you all personally now and we have a wonderful bond and all.....

Would anyone be interested in trying to do a race together... maybe a 5k. Somewhere, anytime this year or next. I know its a jump from posting but it would be loads of fun. Just think about it.

Take care!!

Tamm
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I made it to SF last night!! I hope to get on again soon and read everyones posts!

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

AmyLou
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Tamm, you're so motivating to me :smile: Great for you that you've signed up for a 10k! It would be so fun to meet up for a race... lots of you guys are much closer together :wink: I want to thank you again for being so supportive and available leading up to Leith's appointment. I am very serious when I say that you made a big difference in my ability to handle it and feel more prepared. :flowerforyou: :smooched:

I am so NOT caught up on personals. I'll have to try over the coming days!

Going to try to plan tomorrow's meals now so I'll check in in the morning. Taking the munchkins up to the uni again for the music department noon hour concert. Woodwind instruments tomorrow :smile:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Pedal- so glad to see you back. So glad you are past all the curveballs life has been throwing you (positive thinking).

Dr. Tamm- I am wanting to find a 5K for the late Spring or Early Summer around here. I would love to race with you, though I am not sure what type of race partner I would make. I will not be able to afford travel, probably in the next 20 years it feels, so I am looking for one super local.

Katy- it is ok, you can totally calm that stress eating. I had PASTA yesterday from Pizza Hut. But it will be ok.

Kristin- congrats!

Shanell- I am so proud of you and your early morning workouts. And making those fries and not eating any. WELL DONE! You have definitely started anew.

Well, I really need to head to bed. I am so tired! Chat later. Hugs!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Man I had a rough morning. I laid in bed having an arguement with myself about working out, and it was a short workout at that! But, the good devil won and I did get up and did the WATP for a 1 mile power walk that only lasted 22 minutes, so not to bad.

I did lose on the scale this morning, so I am heading in the right direction at least. Hopefully it will stay the same or maybe it will drop a couple more by Tues's weigh in,:laugh: .

Well, gotta get to work. Have a good day ladies and thanks for rooting me on and the support, it helps.

Later.
  • drtamm
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!! I got the best birthday present already! HEHE.... I weighed in at 211.5!!! :love: YAY, I was at 220 in the beginning of the year, 218 at the beginning of this challenge. I'm so happy to be back on track.

Katie and Rhiannon glad the race sounds interesting to you!! That sounds like fun to me. Katie don't worry, I'm sure we can find one close to you and I'm willing to do 2 or 3 just so I can meet most of you ladies all around the country. lol :wink: I do love that I get a 3 day weekend every week and starting this month I will work Mon-thurs then tues - friday. So it will give me a 4 day weekend every other week. I'll see if I like that. Well, take care ladies.

:flowerforyou:

Tamm
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Another snow day here! The kids are happy, I'm ambivalent. I've got a couple of dozen cupcakes to make for the neighbor girl. And realized just this morning that I don't have baking cups! Ugh! I'm debating just baking them without the cups, but don't want to do this until I have the mom's ok. Giving her another half hour (in case she's sleeping in due to the snow day) before I call. I have to get them done early today (she doesn't need them until 2 pm tomorrow) because I'm driving a couple of hours away to another swim meet. Driving today, and staying there, because I don't want to get up at 4 am to be there in time tomorrow morning.

Decided I do NOT like going to the gym in the evenings. It's so much more busy, hard to find an empty locker, and hard to find an empty machine. Because it was so busy, I couldn't set the machine for an hour, only a half hour. And I had a little over an hour to kill...:grumble: Anyways, ended up getting 45 minutes of cardio.

Hope you all have a good weekend, I probably won't be on much, if at all....
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Tamm!! AWESOME!!!!!!!! :drinker: Nice job!!!

Bunny--I HATE going to the gym in the evening....the gym I go to is WONDERFUL in the mornings...but it completely changes in the evening. I work in a very high cost of living area, and being a "downtown" gym, there is a lot of people trying to impress...I'm born and raised country girl so I am not down with all that junk. I get up at 4:20am everyday so that when I get to the gym...its about me and not about all of the "pretty people". Plus its insanely busy...and I gotta use the machines I want and not wait. :tongue:

Nellie...Congrats on your lose...seriously....the way I see it...even a .2 lb loss....is .2lbs closer to your goal!! Hey, better than a .2lb gain. hehehe. Keep up the awesome work...btw...I'm glad the good guy won and you worked out in the end!! :happy:

Hugs to you Rhiannon! :heart:

Soooooo for me....well didn't do so great on the food yesterday. I had a company meeting and they bought us sandwiches, which weren't too bad for me except the mayo....and I had a VERY small bag of Cheetos; only 160 calories....but I had a white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie....yummm and then I had a good dinner, but snacked on chips afterwards....eek! I weighed myself just to check in and I was only up 1 lb....so since Tuesday is my offical weigh in days I have time to get myself back in the losing catagory. :bigsmile: I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week, mix of cardio and strength training. I've decided to up my cardio even if it leaves less time for my strength training (which I adore!! btw) because I have so much fat to lose. My girlfriend and I are training for a 5K run, so that is motivation knowing she is going to be checking in on me. hehehe

Food today....

Oatmeal and protein shake
    Coffee with 1tsp creamer
    Yogurt and FF cottage cheese
    Salad with romaine, sprinkle of mozzeralla cheese
    1 whole egg and 2 egg whites and asian silk spray dressing.
    Apple and 1 hard boiled egg (I ran out of protein powder hehe)
    I think we are having lasagna tonight, so I'll have a HUGE salad and a small piece of lasagna.

Have a wonderful day ladies!! You are beautiful...never forget it!
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    morning girls! just wanted to check in before the weekend and say hello. I have been wicked bad, between not going to the gym and eating JUNK... not too many calories but empty JUNK. :grumble: however... it's not that bad and it is SUCH a nice day here (for Feb) so I am going to the beach for lunch with the bf and puppy and then we are going away for the weekend, hopefully a stress free weekend will help me get my eating back in control and then mondya i will start up at the gym again... i hope :blushing: anyways, i'll check in monday, Have a GREAT weekend ladies!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    thought i posted this morning......cyber space a new frontier.....
    anyway i am around and doing good. scale was the same as tuesday. i am good with that.....going back outside to do some more yard clean up. nice spring day out today.....

later......sunshines:bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! Another busy day...can you believe it?! Sorry my posting has been so minimal. But I am here and thinking of you wonderful ladies! Keep up the good work!!!

The past three days have been good ones for me. I have been feeling much better and becoming an aunt is SO exciting! Makes me anticipate becoming a mom even more! My little neice is ADORABLE!! Only 5.5 pounds and 1 month early, so she was definetely a bit of a surprise!

Well...back to some work. Have a FABULOUS weekend if I don't get a chance to chat again!
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Well, the scale was back down to 172 this morning and I am so happy! So, I am shooting for 170 by Tuesday. Have a great weekend ladies.

Also:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMM! :flowerforyou:

Happy Weekend Ladies!
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey girls- wow, I've missed a lot. Sorry :embarassed:

PedalHound- I hope Leith is recovering well. Well done on your new start- I hope things calm down for you very soon.

Kristin- Congratulations! Wow, how exciting.

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight. All the best to everyone for the remainder of the challenge.

I'm a bit calmer now- still got loads going on but my graduation dates have been released, which proves there's an end to this madness in sight! (November 11th or 12th, they've not yet told us which faculties are graduating which days.) So it sets a definate goal to reach my final target for the end of October, so I have time to shop for my outfit :laugh: I've set some uni related goals for myself as well, so if I stick to them, I should be set. And I've roped in the uni employment bureau to help with the job hunt.

Have a great weekend everyone! :flowerforyou:

I've added some more targets for myself. The new list is as follows:
    -To be 196lbs by March 30th
    -To get to bed by midnight at least 4 days a week
    -To do the 'couch to 5k' challenge
    -To do one additional exercise a week
    -To walk in heels one day a week
    -To have no more than 2 caffeine fixes a day
    -To write a minimum of 3500 words per week on my uni work

Plus I'm placing myself on a 'money diet' as well.
    It'll be tough, but I need to be hitting these targets and I need the discipline in my life :tongue:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Tudor- good on you for enlisting the resources available to you from the uni. Very nice goals you have set for yourself. I especially like the wearing heels once a week. Now, I am curious if this is a ploy to burn more calories while walking or if you just need to feel like a girl more often? I love heels, but rarely get to wear them, especially since breaking my ankle last year, it is very difficult.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    All through sixth from and most of my first year at uni, I spent so much time in heels, it hurt to wear flats. I'd just trained my leg muscles to that position. My calves were nicely toned without any work from me. I have a wealth of shoes, mostly heeled, and I've spent 2 years mainly in Converse. It's time to get back into heels, so I can wear them when I start working properly. Plus, at 5'4", I could use the help :laugh: So it's a bit of toning, a bit of feeling feminine, a bit of acquiring an old skill- and a bit to give my shoe addiction a reason to exist :tongue:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    All through sixth from and most of my first year at uni, I spent so much time in heels, it hurt to wear flats. I'd just trained my leg muscles to that position. My calves were nicely toned without any work from me. I have a wealth of shoes, mostly heeled, and I've spent 2 years mainly in Converse. It's time to get back into heels, so I can wear them when I start working properly. Plus, at 5'4", I could use the help :laugh: So it's a bit of toning, a bit of feeling feminine, a bit of acquiring an old skill- and a bit to give my shoe addiction a reason to exist :tongue:

I love this reasoning! Well, then have at it. Good luck with it!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    :flowerforyou: boy lookie everyone today.

drtamm....glad to hear all is well in your new life....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, have a nice time.
    bunny...hows the cupcakes coming along? that sounds good....
    cass....have fun doing a 5K. i would like to do one, just don't know if my ankle and knee could?
    redsox....have a GREAT stress free weekend.....:drinker:
    katie...yea for a good scale day
    kistin....have a restful weekend. glad you are starting to feel better....hope it continues...
    rose...great goals. boy almost done with school, isn't that a great feeling???
    shanell...how was dinner?

had a good day. did zaxbys for dinner had the salad. they are so good. left the toast on the plate.:happy: the only thing that gets me is the dressing...had a nice soup for dinner, and a pudding for a night snack. tomorrow shanell and i are going to our local mall to walk with ruby. hope it's not too crowded. than in the afternoon, DH and i are going to a huge book sale all the libaries are putting on. i love books, but, not a big reader.
    well, off to read....
    see everyone tomorrow......:heart:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!! I'm trying to get better about posting! :wink: I had a good birthday, ate at a restaurant called Cous Cous, it was very tasty. Then I opened presents and came back home to play w/ dylan( my lab). The cake was WONDERFUL, it had 4 flavors, carrot, chocolate, yellow and red velvet. I enjoyed tasting the pieces but only had a little because I loved the new number on the scale more than I love my cake. :laugh:

Anyway,

Cathy- love the new picture

Lauryn- how are you

Tudor- glad you have some goals set for yourself. I think you have it all figured out. :wink:

Amy- hope things are going well

Robin- how are you doing??

Everyone
    I'll check back in later.

:flowerforyou: Thanks for being such a wonderful group to share with.

Tamm