Keto

Replies

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    The type of keto pancake:

https://www.gnom-gnom.com/keto-pancakes/

Keto pancake is 2.5 g and you know your going two have two, 5.0 g of carbs, so you will have to make some allowances in your food menu. (A half-cup of strawberries of whipping creme is 4 g! A sugar-free syrup 6 g.)
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    @candylilacs Legend 👊🏾
  • sugarismyweakness
    sugarismyweakness Posts: 30 Member
    @Emmapatterson1729 Wow, your keto meals look delicious!

My biggest struggle with my keto meals is the portion sizes and also having the time throughout the week to cook a decent meal. Most of the time, 4 days a week I live off cold food, as work does not allow the facilities for me to have hot and I don't have a proper lunch break to be able to eat anything substantial. So I pick all day on keto friendly nibbles (cheese, cherry tomatoes, celery, hard boiled eggs, olives, sliced up avocado, pork rinds... Basically anything that doesn't require cutlery) and by the end of the working day, sometimes I'm not even hungry for dinner. Which isn't helpful when I've eaten fewer calories than it allows you to finish your day on here with...

I've dabbled with keto recipes before, but when I'm the only one eating them, it makes it quite difficult to break up some of the recipes, so I tend to default to the same kinds of meals each time. Gets quite dull after a while.

I need to google 'Keto Meals for One' and hope that the ingredients won't cost me a small fortune!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Emmapatterson1729 Wow, your keto meals look delicious!

My biggest struggle with my keto meals is the portion sizes and also having the time throughout the week to cook a decent meal. Most of the time, 4 days a week I live off cold food, as work does not allow the facilities for me to have hot and I don't have a proper lunch break to be able to eat anything substantial. So I pick all day on keto friendly nibbles (cheese, cherry tomatoes, celery, hard boiled eggs, olives, sliced up avocado, pork rinds... Basically anything that doesn't require cutlery) and by the end of the working day, sometimes I'm not even hungry for dinner. Which isn't helpful when I've eaten fewer calories than it allows you to finish your day on here with...

I've dabbled with keto recipes before, but when I'm the only one eating them, it makes it quite difficult to break up some of the recipes, so I tend to default to the same kinds of meals each time. Gets quite dull after a while.

I need to google 'Keto Meals for One' and hope that the ingredients won't cost me a small fortune!

@sugarismyweakness

I cook most of meals for just me.

I make one steak or a couple of pieces of chicken with some veggies just for me. Searing steak or chicken only takes a few minutes (my go to food). I throw veggies in with my meat, same skillet, will sometimes add an egg or two and scramble or omelet. Or fry egg in left over meat juice.. top my steak with fried egg.

I have work issues too. I usually don't eat at work... Fast with just coffee and water, cook as soon as I get home. The one day I was hungry at work, ran to grocery store, picked up rotisserie chicken... Ran under car AC for a minute, ate entire chicken in about 10 minutes with hands. Luckily I had water, hand sanitizer, and napkins in car!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    Tis' the season for pumpkin muffins! And only 4net carbs!

bprgm81hlu3u.jpg
  • Hotelsma
    @psuLemon look goooooood
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

bprgm81hlu3u.jpg

Those do look good!! I should get more adventurous with desserts. So, far I've only tried a couple of ice cream recipes vanilla and coconut ice cream and chocolate/avocado ice cream. Made keto raw cookie dough, turned out okay. Tried making cheesecake (it was terrible-inedible)!
  • psuLemon
    If you want the recipe, it can be found below. I am really big into cooking and since transitioning my wife to low carb, I also told her I would find some desert recipes. So I find some and then usually modify to fit my taste.
    Keto pumpkin muffins (serving size is 6 muffins):

1/2 of butter
    84g Almond Flour
    28g Coconut Flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin spice
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup Swerve or erythritol
    1/4 cup zero calorie maple syrup
    180g of pumpkin

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. On medium heat, put a the butter in a sauce pan and swirl occasionally until it browns (about 5 minutes). Remove and set aside.
    3. In a large bowl combine and mix eggs, pumpkin, swerve and zero calorie syrup
    4. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
    5. Slowly combine the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients bowl (I recommend doing about a quarter of the bowl until it's mixed and then adding a bit more).
    6. Once those two are combined, add in the brown butter.
    7. Put mix into a medium sized muffin pan (should have six spots).
    8. The muffin mix should come above the top of the pan. Since it's a keto recipe, it won't rise much.
    9. Cook for 25-30 minutes.

Tip: Use silicon muffin baking cups for easy care. If you don't have silicon baking cups, use cooking spray.

For butter cream frosting (6 servings)

1. 6 tbsp of salted butter (bring to room temperature)
    2. 2 oz of full fat creamcheese
    3. 1 tsp of vanilla extract
    4. 11g of powdered swerve (or erythritol)

Combine all ingredients, put in a icing pastry bag or sandwich baggie and spread on cupcakes.

Tip: The muffins should be completely cooled before doing this step.
  • Hotelsma
    @psuLemon top man. 🙌🏾
  • candylilacs
    Keto pancakes' batter will keep for five days. Saturday and Sunday! (Monday or Thursday, etc.) You got to be prepared.
  • candylilacs

What the real carbohydrate on that?
  • Blondie3012
    Blondie3012 Posts: 16 Member
    Six weeks on Keto and I lost 23 lbs. I'm not a big meat eater, and usually a 6 oz. steak is going to be half (3 oz) of the cat's dinner. I'm big on cheese, eggs, and nuts.

What's Keto?!
  • psuLemon

What the real carbohydrate on that?

Pumpkin is most of the carbs.
  • candylilacs
    I mean net carb is 4, I mean the total carbs.
  • psuLemon
    I mean net carb is 4, I mean the total carbs.

Oh, its about 8g.
  • omadketo
    omadketo Posts: 1 Member
    Doing keto OMAD and would love some extra support! I was down 90lbs before I stopped tracking. I've since then gained back over 30!!! 😞
    But I'm starting fresh at my current weight. Add me if you'd like the support to 😁
  • Hotelsma
    edited October 2019
    Was at a wedding last night and this is what I eat. Was bloody hard eating it without rice vmcjovzrcfh3.jpeg
  • psuLemon
    edited October 2019
    Keto friendly pulled pork and homemade coleslaw (2servings)

44p, 47f, 16c, 13 net carb
  • Hotelsma
    @psuLemon don’t eat pork but the coleslaw looks good👍🏾