Vegan diet plan, please!!!

Options
Hey, so, does anyone have a diet plan/tips/advice that I could copy please.... has to be vegan
Exercise wise, I do the following: (the running is a new thing)
Monday - run, or jog, whatever you want to call it lol die possibly! (currently 3k, increasing to 5k)
Tuesday - run and snorkle/dive (scuba) in a pool
Wednesday - run
Thursday - rugby training
Friday - run or day off
Saturday either run/hike 12 miles/dive (open water)
Sunday either kayak/rugby/hike 12 miles/dive (open water)

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Usually you need to pay someone to provide a "diet plan", what specifically are you looking for?

If your goal is weight loss, you need a calorie deficit, regardless of what food you choose to eat. Just eat the foods you prefer, log accurately and consistently, make note of foods that fill you up and which leave you hungry, and learn as you go.

Make sure you fuel all that exercise and get enough protein for muscle repair.

This is a great place for anyone on MFP to start:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I believe there is a group for vegetarians and vegans, the Happy Herbivores I think it's called?

:drinker:
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Meal plans are not necessary since taste is subjective and you may not like what I eat and vice versa. Eat what you like. Weigh your food and log everything you consume. Eat mostly whole foods.
  • candice0405
    candice0405 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    What are your goals?

To lose weight! :)
  • candice0405
    Options
    Mamaglee wrote: »
    Hi! I've been vegetarian forever and vegan for the past eight years...I love it! Here are a few plans to get you started:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/article/290194/7-day-vegan-meal-plan-1200-calories/
    http://www.eatingwell.com/article/290644/7-day-vegan-meal-plan-1500-calories/
    https://www.peta.org/living/food/sample-two-week-vegan-meal-plan/
    https://www.veggiesdontbite.com/easy-7-day-vegan-meal-plan-with-shopping-list/
    https://plantbasedonabudget.com/free-meal-plans/

Usually, I peruse blogs like Minimalist Baker and Oh She Glows for recipes that look good. I don't use oil for sauteeing. I just use a little veggie broth. I do MUCH better eating at home and importing recipes into MFP. I also add the foods before I eat them, so I can adjust if I don't like the results. Right now, I'm trying to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories and doing Zumba to 10,000 steps most days, and I have lost 10 pounds this month. I'm finding it fun...like a game.

I hope something here is useful.

Cheers!

Thank you.
    I shall have a look at the link
  • candice0405
    Options
    Vegan foods in portions that meet your personal calorie and macro requirements.

With all that activity you definitely would need to ensure you're getting plenty of protein.

Following are good vegan sources of protein:
    • Soy products - Tofu, Tempah & Edamame
    • Lentils
    • Chickpeas
    • Quinoa
    • Nuts
    • Oats
    • Potatoes
    • Rice & Beans
    • Most Dark Leafy Greens

Also worth ensuring you're getting plenty of fat (needed for certain vitamin absorption) and all necessary vitamins & minerals.

Yeah, you would think I would lose weight hey, but not happening! Hence, looking for a meal plan, as I'm doing something wrong!
    This week, gained 2lbs 🙄
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Vegan foods in portions that meet your personal calorie and macro requirements.

With all that activity you definitely would need to ensure you're getting plenty of protein.

Following are good vegan sources of protein:
    • Soy products - Tofu, Tempah & Edamame
    • Lentils
    • Chickpeas
    • Quinoa
    • Nuts
    • Oats
    • Potatoes
    • Rice & Beans
    • Most Dark Leafy Greens

Also worth ensuring you're getting plenty of fat (needed for certain vitamin absorption) and all necessary vitamins & minerals.

Yeah, you would think I would lose weight hey, but not happening! Hence, looking for a meal plan, as I'm doing something wrong!
    This week, gained 2lbs 🙄

Weight can fluctuate week to week, that's normal. How long have you been trying to lose weight? How long have you been logging accurately and consistently hitting your calorie goal? How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    What are your goals?

To lose weight! :)

If you want to lose weight, you don't need a meal plan. You simply need to make sure you are consistently in a calorie deficit, and while in a deficit you can eat literally anything you want. You can ensure you're in a calorie deficit by weighing and logging all your food; following someone else's plan does not guarantee a deficit.
  • kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Eat what you’re eating now, in smaller portions, so it fits into your calorie allotment. All the exercise in the world won’t help you if you’re in a calorie surplus.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    are you using a food scale? If not, how are you determining that you've in a calorie deficit?
  • sarasherrill
    sarasherrill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Buy the book SO VEGAN IN 5. It's simple and helping me lose weight.
  • candice0405
    Options
    Great tips.
    Ok. So normal diet, just to show I don't over eat.

Bowl of cereal, gamranola or porridge, measured. Banana and almond milk.

Lunch. Can be one of the following:
    Sandwich
    Wrap
    Vegetable stir fry, usually with a "fake meat" for the added protein. Soy sauce.
    Salad
    Soup with bread
    Vegetable samosa

Dinner:
    Lentil soup
    Casserole
    Jacket spud
    Bean chilli
    Pie and veg
    Stir fry

I'm definitely missing something and not getting it right!

Trying to lose two and half stone.

Seem to be remaining or gaining only.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Great tips.

Sandwich
    Wrap
    Vegetable stir fry, usually with a "fake meat" for the added protein. Soy sauce.
    Salad
    Soup with bread
    Vegetable samosa

Dinner:
    Lentil soup
    Casserole
    Jacket spud
    Bean chilli
    Pie and veg
    Stir fry

If you're not weighing all foods, it would be easy to be over even with what you're eating, also bear in mind you need about 4-6 weeks of data to see if you're actually losing/maintaining/gaining.

My cereal portions vs serving sizes were about 3 times what they should have been before I started weighing it properly.

Sandwiches - are you accounting for any condiments/spreads you're using.

Stir Fries - are you accounting for any oil/sauce.

I don't see any mention of beverages do you have coffee/tea/cordial/juice/etc.

Are there any inbetween meal snacks?

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Great tips.

Sandwich
    Wrap
    Salad
    Soup with bread
    Vegetable samosa

Dinner:
    Lentil soup
    Casserole
    Jacket spud
    Bean chilli
    Pie and veg
    Stir fry

Alas, that's not actually helpful. We need to see your actual diary entries.

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings