Anyone with 100 lbs plus to lose?

Hi everyone! I am starting fresh this month, as I have gained a significant amount of weight back again. I lost over 100lbs in 18 months, but the last year almost half of that has crept back up. I would love to connect with people who are like-minded. I am 38 years old, and weight has been a battle my entire adult life. I would like to reach my goal weight so I can be the healthiest version of me. Again, looking to connect with anyone who is in a similar situation and would like a cheerleader! I know encouragement and support goes a long way in these long journeys.

Replies

• Roxyralyn08
    Roxyralyn08 Posts: 1 Member
    Girl same! My weight crept right back up! I could definitely use an accountability buddy!
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Yep, almost at my '100 left to lose mark'. Just a couple more lbs to go and I will officially only have 100 more lbs to lose. Lol.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    There is a Large Losers group you might like. Go to groups and search on Large Losers.
  • ebecht1
    ebecht1 Posts: 6 Member
    There is a Large Losers group you might like. Go to groups and search on Large Losers.

Thank you!
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    You got this. I’ve been in the same boat my whole life. Up and down up and down. Like you I lost a lot of weight and was doing great but I slipped and it feels like I blinked and crept almost all the way back up. I’m back at it fresh now and doing well. Keep pushing and let me know if you need some encouragement. Feel free to add or hit me up.
  • daBoonah
    daBoonah Posts: 3 Member
    I’m making my “soft goal” 145, meaning I have 90 lbs to lose but if I can make it down to 135 that’d be amazing! I’ve never been that skinny before, haha!
  • Danicus10
    Danicus10 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm right there I left the military at 220 and in great shape here I sit 5 years later and im 311 so here for your support and to give it right back to every single one of you! Stay motivated.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

The group is for anyone who is starting or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose that is ready to lose it in a sensible and sustainable way. It is also for anyone like @cheryldumais who has successfully lost that much or more who wish to help others do the same.
  • I'm there. Started 22nd August, lost 31lbs since then but still have another 138lbs to go. Happy to add you as a friend if you like?

I'm using MFP and making good use of the just give me one month threads posted in here to keep me accountable. Only got to do what I've already done almost 6 times more and I'm sorted! 😂
  • Keshiap0409
    Keshiap0409 Posts: 1 Member
    My biggest weight was 230 lbs about 4 years ago, I had dropped down to 170 then got pregnant with my 3rd child and weighed 190 a year later I weighed 204 and got pregnant with my 4th child and I now weigh a whopping 215 lbs. I'm so depressed because I'm almost back to my biggest weight. Dieting is so damn hard now. I have no motivation what so ever. So I'm in the same boat girl :(
  • ebecht1
    ebecht1 Posts: 6 Member
    My biggest weight was 230 lbs about 4 years ago, I had dropped down to 170 then got pregnant with my 3rd child and weighed 190 a year later I weighed 204 and got pregnant with my 4th child and I now weigh a whopping 215 lbs. I'm so depressed because I'm almost back to my biggest weight. Dieting is so damn hard now. I have no motivation what so ever. So I'm in the same boat girl :(

Stay strong! I added you as a friend. It is SO HARD! Some days I have plenty of motivation and other days absolutely nothing. I am working on breaking through those no motivation days and just doing it anyway. Always a work in progress...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    ebecht1 wrote: »

Stay strong! I added you as a friend. It is SO HARD! Some days I have plenty of motivation and other days absolutely nothing. I am working on breaking through those no motivation days and just doing it anyway. Always a work in progress...

Just do not accept that it has to be hard or that you need a lot of daily motivation. That was the mistake I always made. There will be very hard parts but the trick for me, this time, is not making it any harder than it needed to be. I am climbing a mountain here. There is no logic to climbing it with one hand tied behind my back.

Up until about 19 months ago I have always known that to lose weight it required sacrifice, deprivation, and lots of exercise that I would not enjoy doing. I would have to eat certain foods and give up most of the things I loved. Turns out the things I believed were the things that made it impossible for me to lose weight. I had to have willpower and motivation and those always have a limited supply... at least for me.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited October 2019
    I've got 96lbs left to lose. I've lost 28lbs so far in the 2.5 months I've been here. :smile:
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2019
    Little over 100lbs down and ideally another 70lbs to go - set small achievable goals and check them off one by one - celebrate the successes with friends and family and don't get bogged down with the challenges. Focus on improving your overall health - the rest will follow. Every day you have a new opportunity to improve your health - just do one thing to improve and build off of that. AND make sure you laugh along way and help others going through similar struggles.
  • Wycaoak
    Wycaoak Posts: 26 Member
    Hello! I am starting up with 250 pounds to lose and would love some support and cheer everyone in in their journey!