Importance of cardio when loosing fat

Options
Staying within my daily Marco and calorie goals which is putting me in a deficit of around 1000-2000 calories a day,

working a physically demanding job and weights training 4-5 times a week,

besides obvious reasons of heart and cardiovascular health what’s the importance of cardio when wanting to shred fat?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Your diet is to lose weight/gain weight/maintain weight. Exercise is for gaining muscle/retaining muscle/heart health. They are two separate things.

Exercising to burn calories so you can eat more is a path I don't recommend anyone walking down. Then exercise comes as a form of punishment because you ate too much, or reward because you want to eat more.

and that is what most of the people in MFP are aiming for... isn't it?
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    I think cardio is generally underrated here on MFP as a component of weight/fat loss. My calorie deficit is 1,000 per day but of that cardio accounts for 350. So cardio is responsible for 35 % of my weight loss. But much more importantly, those extra 350 calories I get to eat every day are a huge, huge component of my diet compliance - I'd have probably fallen off the wagon long ago if I had 350 calories less food every day. All that is totally aside from the obvious benefits of cardio for health and fitness.

Wait, but those 350 calories don't count as part of your deficit if you eat them back. I'm confused?