48 yrs old, my seasons are changing, iso accountability partners

I'm 48 with a daughter graduating college and a son graduating high school this coming May. I've been a stay-at-home mom for 14 years and I'm ready to go back to work or start a business. I also wanna lose 40 Pounds. And make my body strong. Also I clean up my diet to ward off any neurological issues that are present in my family. Looking to keep myself and ours accountable to our promises to ourselves. Do you want to go on this journey with me?

Replies

• tallbanyan
    tallbanyan Posts: 65 Member
    good luck! you got this!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    The best advice I can give you for someone as young as you is to...

1. Make goal(s)
    2. Choose a plan that is long term.
    3. Choose the best time/days to adhere to plan.
    4. Have patience.

Good luck.
  • amellor930
    amellor930 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I’m 49 in December and would like to lose at least 28lbs. Just signed up today. Good luck 😊
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    You got this! Keep pushing everyday and you will see the rewards. If you ever need a push feel free to hit me up or add me.
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    I’ve turned 50 earlier this year and I have got another 40 pounds or so to lose. It’s crept on slowly but now it needs to go! Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other! We can do this 😁😁😁
  • thinnerleah
    thinnerleah Posts: 4 Member
    48, mother of 3, teacher of 150...lol.
    Wanting to lose 30 to 40.
    If you want an accountability partner, I'm searching. Lmk
  • PumpkinAndPecans
    PumpkinAndPecans Posts: 39 Member
    Getting healthy: eat better, exercise more, fend off future medical issues. That's me! However I'm 46 with a 6 year old, ha ha I'll send you a FR!
  • LaLuSmith
    LaLuSmith Posts: 2 Member
    I am a 49-year-old with a 5-year-old, I can definitely relate!! I also have 10 other children, so I am in every stage at once!!
    I would love an accountability buddy and someone who can relate to being tired and sometimes rather overwhelmed. It would also just be nice to have a positive friend who understands. πŸ˜„
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    I am 41, with my oldest heading to high school next year.
    I have been mostly a sahm for 12+ years (I do some admin work in our family business), and trying to claim back a bit more of myself.

I have lost 15lb, with 30-ish to go. Seem to have been stalled in my progress for a few weeks, so need to get focused again.
  • ABNana2614
    ABNana2614 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm 47, mother of a grown child who is now married and has made me grandmother to 3! I recently lost 45lbs (over the past 10 months) and now I'm just continuing to transform myself into a strong, fit Nana :smile: It's not easy, but it's so worth it.
  • Max_in_Chicago
    Max_in_Chicago Posts: 2 Member
    I'm back after several months off. I found mutual support to be one of the best things about this site. Feel free to add me and hopefully we can help each other reach our goals. Thanks!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Hey. I'm 49, and track every day. Anyone ITT is free to add me if they want.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    I'm 48 with a daughter graduating college and a son graduating high school this coming May. I've been a stay-at-home mom for 14 years and I'm ready to go back to work or start a business. I also wanna lose 40 Pounds. And make my body strong. Also I clean up my diet to ward off any neurological issues that are present in my family. Looking to keep myself and ours accountable to our promises to ourselves. Do you want to go on this journey with me?

Congratulations on taking the 1st steps to a healthier lifestyle!

Making the necessary changes isn't easy, but, you can do it! Hell, you've given birth, and raised two children, this will be nothing compared to that... ;-).. jk..

I'm 50, a father of 5, two at home still, 3 in University. As w/ many of the others here, I'm happy to help in any way that I can. Feel free to add me as well.

blessings! You've got this!