Spicy Roast Vegetable salad

Options
RachelT14
RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
Have just had this for dinner and it was gorgeous/

3 peppers cut into large dice (i used 1 red and 1 yellow~)
2 courgettes (zuchinins) sliced into half disks
2 red onion sliced into largish chunks
250g mushrooms (Large ones work best) sliced into quite thick (2mm) slices
Olive oil
Nando's Peri Peri sauce
Lettuce
Tomatoe
Cucumber
Mozzarella

Put the mushrooms in one roasting tray and drizzle with a little oil, stir and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes
In another roasting tray add all the other vegetables, drizzle with oil, stir and place in the overn for the same time as the mushrooms.
When the mushrooms are roasting they produce a lot of liquid, check about half way throught the cooking time and drain the liquid off. Add the cooked mushroom to the veg and mix. This makes 4 portions.
I thn took 1 portion of the veg and mushroom mix and added a small amount of Nandos medium Peri-Peri Sauce, stir to coat and return to the oven for a couple of minutes.
Serve warm on a bed of lettuce, cucumber and tomatoe with half a ball of torn up mozarella. Enjoy!

The veg worked out at abotu 115 calories (including the oil and sauce) The mozarella was 135 and the whole plateful was about 310 calories and i am very full.

Replies

• ladyjade68
    Options
    sounds amazing - I will have to try & share with my Mama.
  • jsstein19
    jsstein19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Where have you found the Peri Peri sauce? Had never heard of it but read up on it and it sounds interesting. Also, how hot is the medium? We have a 6 year old who likes spicy things(buffalo sauce, etc...). Wonder if it's too hot for him?
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    mmmm, i might be trying this later in the week
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Where have you found the Peri Peri sauce? Had never heard of it but read up on it and it sounds interesting. Also, how hot is the medium? We have a 6 year old who likes spicy things(buffalo sauce, etc...). Wonder if it's too hot for him?

I am in the UK, it was at my local supermarket, any spicy sauce of the same nature would work well its a sort of spicy ketchup style sauce. Medium would probably be too hot for your 6 year old, it was almost too hot for me and i eat very hot curries!