107 Pounds to Lose

I'm no stranger to MFP. I've tried this so many times that I'm probably a serial starter. This time I'm determined to be a finisher. Things are different now...

I've reached a point in my life where I'm tired of being unhealthy. I'm tired of being tired and depressed all the time. I'm tired of feeling sick every morning because I ate too much the night before. I'm tired of living in a fog because my body is full of reprocessed junk food instead of healthy choices. I'm tired of telling my son I can't do things because I feel sick or because I physically can't. I'm just over it.

I've never been over it before. In the past I've always gone on temporary motivation, which is fleeting. I've always tried radical changes, which don't work. I've done everything wrong and failed. Now it's time to do it right and win!

Slow and steady. I'm going to focus on making healthy choices and when the weight comes off, it comes off. Perfect example, I really want some donuts for breakfast, but I'm going to have eggs instead.

Friends with similar journeys are welcome and needed. I don't want to go this alone

Replies

• MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    You’ll do it this time. I believe you will!
  • MyVictory2020
    MyVictory2020 Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you!!!
    NovusDies wrote: »
    There is
    an MFP group called 'Larger Losers' for anyone who is starting or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose. It is also for people who have completed their weight loss phase and wish to share their stories and experiences to help others. It is exclusively for people who are ready to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion. No crash diets, detoxes, vinegar, or other weight loss bad ideas and myths allowed.

Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

If you wish not to join and stick with the MFP friend/newsfeed route please just do not quit for any reason. You do not need to be perfect you just need to be good enough. If you hit a bad day and eat way too many doughnuts just log it and move on. Nothing really derails us other than quitting.

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Honestly this is how I felt before this change too. I have "dieted" all my life, but last December was the first time I was tired of my own bullshark. And it has stuck this time. Good luck - you can do it!
  • MyVictory2020
    Thank you! It helps to know others have been in this place and succeeded.

Honestly this is how I felt before this change too. I have "dieted" all my life, but last December was the first time I was tired of my own bullshark. And it has stuck this time. Good luck - you can do it!

• FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    I'm right there with you- I have 104 to go.
  • MyVictory2020
    I'm right there with you- I have 104 to go.

You can do this!
  • CassieVoiles
    CassieVoiles Posts: 26 Member
    I believe in you!
  • After reading this, I actually feel like I've read my very own post. 🤔 I too am determined to be the finisher this time! 🏅🏆
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Ditto. I feel the same way. Everything changed for me in July. I’m fairly relaxed about what I eat now. I don’t obsess about it like I used to. I decided to eat a little healthier as I felt so awful physically. I never even weighed myself for the first month as I wasn’t dieting. When I finally did stand on a scale ,I had a pleasant surprise that I’d lost about 10 lbs. Weight loss didn’t start out as my main goal. My goal was to feel better physically, and stay alive. I stopped eating a lot of junk food ,that’s all. I started to eat full meals, real dinners which I enjoyed so much more. I have 106 lbs. to lose. Now, I know I can do it. I am doing it without a lot of stress. I feel ‘ relaxed’ for the first time in my life about it. It happened like the process of ‘osmosis ‘ for me. I didn’t think about it much at first. When I realized that small changes were making me lose weight, I became more serious and decided to use MFP to log my food just to see what that looked like. Now, a few months later, and 35 lbs. lost, I eat at my calorie limit. If I go over, I still log it. It works for me, and it will for you. I still eat my favourite foods, I just log them in my food diary. I’ve tried every diet out there, and for the first time in my life I’m confident and pleased with what I’m doing. One thing I know for sure is that I’m not dieting. This is the way I live now and I like it.
  • fairytale_babe
    fairytale_babe Posts: 391 Member
    Just keep going even when you slip up just keep trying in the long run it'll be worth it. You've got this
  • 1eyejack
    1eyejack Posts: 5 Member
    Your post relates to my life. Feel the same way , I'm so tired of failure. Would like to help support all new friends. Feel free and add all. Good luck on y'all journeys.
  • jozeemom
    jozeemom Posts: 17 Member
    How do I add people from here to be friends?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    ...You do not need to be perfect you just need to be good enough. If you hit a bad day and eat way too many doughnuts just log it and move on. Nothing really derails us other than quitting.

Truth! <3
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Hey! I just wanted to hop on here and give you some support. In May of 2017, I felt so fed up with feeling like crap all the time and I made a change. It took 2.5 years, but I lost 100lbs and have maintained it for the most part. I’m up about 6 pounds, but I’m currently working on losing it. I don’t want to sugar coat it because it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, BUT it was so worth it! I am so much happier and healthier. It just takes a little self love and dedication to make the change. Best of luck!! ❤️
  • I bet I have joined weight watchers as many times as your serial starts. Lol. But I hear you. I feel the exact same way. I have had to learn to exercise on my breaks at work and learn to tell my boss NO a whole lot lately. But I am determined that I will lose 120lbs or die trying. I wish you all the best and would be honored if you would allow me to take this journey with you.