Hopeless

Options
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm trying to lose weight! I'm hopeless, I do everything to lose wieght and it doesnt work...

I need motivation

I'm so depresssed, hope to lose weight here

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Youre here and thats a great step! You can do it. Find something or someone that pushes you, a friend, child, loved one and use that. I have a friend who is amazing. Anytime I start to get down she brings me back and tells me how far I have come and what a great job I am doing. That or if you can hire a personal trainer. Mine works my butt off and it is a big help to know if I cheat I have her to face.
  • teriburgess69
    Options
    Today is the day!!! MFP is awesome, you will love it:):flowerforyou:
  • nycbound7
    nycbound7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i'm 17 and ive been trying absolutely EVERYTHING to lose 15-20 pounds for the past 3 years. i recently tried the hcg diet and it really works!!! i've lost 7 pounds in 7 days and im continuing to lose every day! maybe you could try that even if its just to kickstart your weight loss? hope this helps!
  • borboletas
    Options
    Thank you guys!!

Yeah I tried medication once and Lost 22 lbs , but medication isnt healthy..... You know that everyone wants to look great and thin and I want that too but in a healthy way! But Thank you for the suppport

I'm here to help anyone too :)
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I did the HCG diet as well and lost 70 but now am working out to tone off the last 50
  • kathied41
    Options
    I began 2 yrs ago next month after my best friend died from complications of bariatric surgery. So far I've lost 54 and need to lose another50-60. 50 would get me back to my wedding weight 19yrs ago. Its hard and I got stuck in the 240's and just wouldn't budge. was sooo happy when the nurse at my dr's said 237. I agree with everyone, you just need to find motivation. I do it for my friend in her memory-god do I miss her. I've got a ton of arthritis/pain in my spine n its harder for me. My goal is to be able to look good next yr when we go to the ocean. haven't worn a bikini since 10th grade. thats kind of a goal, that n fitting into my wedding dress again.
    Kathie
  • ExFit
    ExFit Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you guys!!

Yeah I tried medication once and Lost 22 lbs , but medication isnt healthy..... You know that everyone wants to look great and thin and I want that too but in a healthy way! But Thank you for the suppport

I'm here to help anyone too :)

you're better off with this site, look i've been here for no more than 2 days and i have seen it and done it all when it comes to losing weight, I was fit (thus my username) but i let go of a perfectly healthy lifestyle for whatever reason.

There is nothing like putting real work in. "There art two cardinal sins from which all others spring: Impatience and Laziness."-- Franz Kafka... Beat those 2 and you'll be free. Keep in mind that Our patience will achieve more than our force, so don't stress just enjoy the ride to your goal and stay on the right track.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm going at it the old fashion way.. Diet and exercise :) no pills or crazy diets.. good luck!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    "Hopeless" would be with no options period. You have options. Number one IMO you have to change your thinking and believe it's possible. If not, then you'll never succeed.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You are not hopeless. I'll bet you are successful at many things. As someone wiser than I once said " whether you believe you can or believe you can't--you are right!" There are LOTS of things that work to lose weight. You just need to believe that will find what works for you personally. It may take some time and thought and and, perhaps note keeping, but you can discover--and overcome-- your personal stumbling blocks. Just identify one at a time and make the little, incremental changes to address that one area. We ALL want instant results but, hey that just isn't going to happen. But so many people on this site are living proof that you can have the body you want! Little positive changes add up to great big successes. Good luck!! We are all behind you to encourage you forward....just like you will now do for us!
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't give up on yourself!! We all have our ups and downs with weight loss and that is why we are all here!! Add me as a friend if you would like. It's great to get support!
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Please don't be hopeless. Just don't expect super fast miracles. Slow and Steady is the way to go and you will begin to see the little successes that will motivate you to keep it up. You will begin to find exercise easier and making healthy food choices will come along too. You have to have some will-power and good decision making. You Can Do It!!!!