Who do you blame for your weight gain?

Options

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bush. Why not, he gets blamed for everything else.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    i blame my parents...i never had enough quality time with them :cry: :sad:
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Exactly.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I blame you.
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    In the words of a hymn I once heard Led Zep sing, "Nobody's fault but mine, nobody's fault but mine. If I fail to pray and my soul is lost, ain't nobody's fault but mine."
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    i blame my parents...i never had enough quality time with them :cry: :sad:

I blame my parents... I had too much time with them and their Miracle Whip, fudge, creamed corn, cookies, cake and peanut clusters
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    <
    dat beyotch! :angry:
    LMAO I like that!!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to blame someone or something else, but no one else in my family is overweight, so I can say it's bad genes..... my mom and dad or siblings didn't stuff food in my mouth...... and during bad relationships, I always lost weight instead of gaining.... so the verdict is....... ME, ME AND ONLY ME! :sad:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

15fhes0.gif
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I intially blame my parents financial state growing up because of very limited money equals a lot of processed foods. Plus food in the 80's was all about canned, hamburger helper, etc. We also didn't do sports, stay active, etc. No money.

Then after I left my parents house I have to blame myself for it,
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be able to blame it on my babies but seeming how the youngest turned 1 in May and just started walking, I'm thinking I can't use that cop out anymore :tongue:

My husband is the cook in our house and he's constantly trying to take the blame for my weight gain. I don't know how many times I have to say "Honey you didn't tie me down and force me to eat. This is all me" before he finally believes me.
  • Kangaro0
    Kangaro0 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I blame my parents for not paying attention to me and not giving me love which led me to havig depression and developing binge ED... They don't believe that... I have to deal with it alone...
    Wish me luck... i have no one here not even a friend
  • Debs1971
    Debs1971 Posts: 41
    Options
    I blame Father Christmas, the Easter bunny and mainly the inventor of chocolate! :laugh:
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I blame it on me because I'm the one who gained it.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Until I took responsibility, I wasn't able to change. I blame myself. But I also blame myself for losing the weight! :bigsmile: So I'm not all that bad.
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i blame myself of course. i was the one shovelling cake and chocolate down my neck every day, and sitting on my backside doing nothing. no one made me act that way.
    i cant agree with anyone who would blame someone else. that might earn me some negative feed back, but we are all relatively intelligent human beings. we know what you should or shouldnt do to gain/lose weight, and its all personal choice once you become old enough to feed yourself.
  • HappyLuna
    HappyLuna Posts: 112
    Options
    Myself. Me.Moi.I,,,Simple
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I blame the government and all of their nutritional "experts" for pushing the wrong macronutrient on us. I mean c'mon they are telling us to eat more whole grains than fruits and vegetables!! Something is wrong there.

I track carbs (get them from veggies, berries and some nuts). I track protein - sort of - and I eat unlimited fat. Had 54g of fat already today (was just curious about my typical breakfast this morning so I logged it - I usually don't).

We see calories. The body sees fuel, not calories.

removed this post because I go back to my original stance: I blame the government:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Zeromilediet/view/great-read-what-the-government-has-done-to-our-health-141895
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    my partner 100%! when I met him I was 9st11lbs and a 27inch waist. then he would cuddle up with a 12inch pizza and take away and that led to me going to 13st and 33inch waist and him gaining 3st also. Iv also had a baby boy but its not his fault as that weight came straight off
  • reinach31
    Options
    Is my fault 100%