Keto friends

Options
Hi I’m looking for keto friends to help keep me on track and for food ideas. The group I saw on here hasn’t been active since 2017. I have been doing keto for 1 1/2 months now. I’ve got rid of 10.5 lbs and feel great. So I’m looking for some friends. No one I personally know does keto and ppl ask me how long are u going to do keto. My answer is idk as long as I feel good and healthy on it. I only have 3.5 lbs to lose yet.

Replies

• PatrickMaryAlice
    PatrickMaryAlice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Same boat.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Keto here!!
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place just over a month and down 10 pounds now please add me
  • a1a2a
    a1a2a Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started keto a week ago! I have lost about 7 pounds as of now. Can you please add me?
  • Clau_Ioana1202
    Clau_Ioana1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started today :smile: I have about 5 kg to lose (would that be 10 pounds?). I will go out today for lunch and buy: avocado, cheese, some deli maybe and cherry tomatoes.
  • Rockerchick72
    Rockerchick72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. Please feel free to add me as a friend peeps! I started the keto life style a smidge over two months ago and I am down 19.6 pounds. I'm doing more of a lazy or keto program but it's working so far. I'm in NJ. I used to use this app a lot but kinda forgot about it...but I'm back!
  • lillypade
    lillypade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @iamstaceywood I tried to send a friend request and it kept trying to send it. So I’m not sure if u ever got 1 let me know
  • lillypade
    Options
    Does anyone have any recipes or food ideas they want to share? I have made the low carb pb fudge, cool veggie pizza, cookie dough fat booms. ( to me they taste like cheesecake with chocolate chips, which I love) they r all on my pinterest board under keto it was very good
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Starting today! I am not sure how to use the MFP app for this. I have used for calorie reduction in the past- is there anything different that I need to do. Counting calories doesn’t work for me. I am at an all time high weight. I would really appreciate any help.
  • lillypade
    Options
    @dim4mom welcome I am somewhat knew to keto only been 1 1/2 months. But I would say if u are doing keto first thing is to use a keto calculator on the web to figure out how many carbs, fat and protein u should b consuming. And I always put in what I ate so I can keep track of everything.
  • Rockerchick72
    Options
    I use the carb manager app to log everything.
  • lillypade
    Options
    Weighed myself yesterday down .5 lb better than nothing. Now altogether got rid of 11lbs.
    Today I put 2 chicken breast n instant pot then shredded then. For lunch I will take 4oz of it sauté some spinach add chicken to warm throw some salsa. And sour cream on it. And that’s what’s for lunch.
    What are y’all having? plz share
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Shrimp salsa and keto "tortilla" chips!
  • Rockerchick72
    Options
    Is an instapot a good cooking device? I already have a pressure cooker and a crock pot and an air fryer.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    Options
    You can add me! Lost my 100th pound today doing Keto/Atkins. We have been at it since May, with me down 102 and my wife 47! Also my diary is public
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I did keto 2 years ago and lost 50ish lbs in about 3 months but job stress got me on a binge and I gained most back... since then I’ve had a baby so it’s been a while since I could get back to it. I’m now back (just a week) and have even more to lose than before :#
  • lillypade
    Options
    @candylilacs share ur tortilla recipe yum
  • lillypade
    Options
    @Rockerchick72 I don’t have an air fryer. But I do like my instant pot
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Is an instapot a good cooking device? I already have a pressure cooker and a crock pot and an air fryer.

the instant pot is an electronic pressure cooker.

today i learned that an air fryer is just a convection oven in a different shape.
  • tamtam_nc
    tamtam_nc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! Tomorrow will be my official two week mark...mfp thinks it was yesterday. But, it doesn't realize I had my "going out with a bang" weekend before I started to log. Silly MFP.