Eating disorder?

Options
I know eating disorders are more commonly known as people who may suffer from anorexia and bullimia whereas i do not suffer from those two. I think it is often forgotten that people with such an unhealthy relationship with food can also be classified as an eating disorder. I cant say in fact that i have this however the way i am with food is exhausting me. Some days i may not eat enough, maybe 1000kcal others i may eat close to 1200kcal or binge.. im scared of carbs and dont eat enough protein , im just scared of food and the calories!! Ive plateued in my weight of 57 kg and im 1.59cm i know i am not overweight but it is not a weight i am happy with. I have been told i am not eating enough therefore my body is storing fat. Everytime i eat i feel bloated or disgusted with myself eventhough i eat healthy food everyday apart from the the couple days on the weekend. How can i overcome this?

Replies

• Nickpatel1975
    Nickpatel1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try adding strength training to your workout. Lifting weights will help you add more muscle which in turn will help you eat more as your body will need more calories to burn. It will also challenge you as your get more comfortable with free weights and the many exercises you can do with them. Good luck and see if this will give you a different challenge to focus on.
  • alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Its difficult talking to people who dont understand , my bf is a lifter and a has the body of adonis and i think its this that is causing me added pressure. Maybe i need to talk to him properly and he can give me advice that is needed. Ive gone to nutritionists before and have given me diets to follow but scared that its too many calories or how do they know what calories i burn when i go to the gym.. and i give up. Its a *kitten* situation.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Its difficult talking to people who dont understand , my bf is a lifter and a has the body of adonis and i think its this that is causing me added pressure. Maybe i need to talk to him properly and he can give me advice that is needed. Ive gone to nutritionists before and have given me diets to follow but scared that its too many calories or how do they know what calories i burn when i go to the gym.. and i give up. Its a *kitten* situation.

If you are in the US, "nutritionist" is an unregulated title. Anyone can call themselves that, and most likely have no idea what issues are at work with disordered eating. I would second Sammi's advice to speak to a therapist or group specific to eating or body image issues.

If you poke around on this website, you might even be able to find free counseling or support groups in your area.

https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/help-support/contact-helpline

Hang in there!
  • alexandravictoria88
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

If you are in the US, "nutritionist" is an unregulated title. Anyone can call themselves that, and most likely have no idea what issues are at work with disordered eating. I would second Sammi's advice to speak to a therapist or group specific to eating or body image issues.

If you poke around on this website, you might even be able to find free counseling or support groups in your area.

https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/help-support/contact-helpline

Hang in there!

Thank you. It is so exhausting feeling this way x
  • alexandravictoria88
    Options
    gvizzle74 wrote: »
    This is above MFPs pay grade. You need to speak to a professional who will help you overcome these issues. What you're dealing with is serious and a therapist will give you the tools and resources you need. https://nedic.ca/ https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

Thank you so much, will check this out :smile: