Bonked after workout

Options
2»

Replies

• millionsofpeaches
    Options
    If you are bonking... perhaps make sure you fuel during a work out w/ an electrolytes. I like Nuun tablets which can be found at running stores, cycling stores, REI, etc... http://www.nuun.com/

I usually have chocolate milk after a workout... The carbs and simple sugar helps me to re-charge... It has also been shown in studies that it can help to rebuild muscle after working out.
  • alibeany
    alibeany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha- you've just made my day lol:bigsmile:
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    hahahaha, i can't stop laughing, we should have posts like this every day. After an hour on a treadmill "bonking" would be the last thing on my mind.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Bahaha - I thought this was a x-rated post :blushing:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Lucky you ;) (sorry, couldn't resist!)

I usually have a fruit muffin (English muffin) with banana and peanut butter an hour or so before a long run.
    Also make sure you are getting enough calories over the whole day and keep up the water - it might be related to dehydration too.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    So glad I am not the only one who that Bonk meant something else. :laugh: Believe it or not, I don't eat anything before or immediately after I work out. It works just fine for me. It depends on what works for you I believe. Good luck.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I wish I was bonked after a workout... wait... we aren't talking about the same thing.

Make sure you get plenty of water and eat something with protein after a workout.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing and I'm NOT from the UK
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I was so excited for a blatant sexcapade thread....
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I wish I was bonked after a workout... wait... we aren't talking about the same thing.

Make sure you get plenty of water and eat something with protein after a workout.

Hey, want to go to the gym together after work? LOL
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I was so excited for a blatant sexcapade thread....
    I was disappointed too, dear
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    LOL! Silly...

I've also heard that either a protein shake or chocolate milk after a workout is good for recovery. Plus, not sure if this is true but, I read that consuming a combination of good carbs & protein within 20-30 minutes of your workout helps keep your metabolism cranked up. Who knows...

Maybe you didn't drink enough water or were already dehydrated? That might've made you feel woozy.

Any chance you went under calories yesterday? Sometimes when my "fuel tank" is on "E", even eating a good breakfast of carbs and protein won't be enough to keep me going for long and I have that same overworked feeling after going to the gym. Thankfully it's lunchtime when I get back so I can fuel up right away.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing an intense cardio workout then I have to make sure to have enough carbs in the previous meal/snack. If I just have my egg white and reduced fat cheese scramble for breakfast, I will hit the wall hard after doing an hour of cardio. I find adding in a serving of oatmeal, a slice of whole grain toast, or a large apple makes a huge difference.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    LOL. As a non-native english speaker, I had to say I learned something today.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Drink a Protein shake INSTEAD of those OREOS!! my favorite Protein shake is Premier Protein. You will have to try it both before and after a work out to see when your body needs the protein for recovery. I need mine after a hard work out...some people need it to fuel their workout and feel more energized after the work out. I always feel drained after a hard cardio though...

Good luck!
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had to pull my head way up from the gutter on trying to think of useful information...I got nuthin'
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    yall are too funny!! Thanks for all the good info and for the chuckles...
  • kritty123
    Options
    Carbs before, protein after.

It'll get better if you keep it up...I promise.

Yup...couldnt agree with her more!!! It really will get much better! I definately eat carbs before a good workout and plenty of protein after I am done at the next meal with at least 12 8oz cups of water a day!! Stick with it! You're doing great!! :flowerforyou: