No offense ladies, but where are guys on MFP?

Options
Would like to connect with guys here for mutual support and encouragement. Don't get my wrong -- it's great to have support no matter what the gender, but it would be nice to have a mix.

tnx!

Replies

• jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options
    go the find members section under Community and look for males...
  • StevenCabral
    StevenCabral Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have noticed much more women than men use this app.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You can search for MFP friends and choose the gender and age range (among other things)....if you are looking for more male friends, I think that may help you out some! :happy:
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    sitting quietly in the background not participating in the social aspect....

Seriously, though, there are a bunch of guys that are really active. Try looking through some of the more popular topics in the boards to find them. I understand that support from your own gender makes more sense, and that men and women have different problems/questions when it comes to getting healthy.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Apparently, they will find you if you change your picture to that of your cleavage. *sigh*
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yep MFP is definately not a sausage fest! :bigsmile:
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of women on here but I LOVE that! They are super supportive. If you wanna add me bro you can. I welcome everyone!
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Very few guys post.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Yep MFP is definately not a sausage fest! :bigsmile:

LMAO!! Thank God for that!
  • elfranzen
    elfranzen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think it is just nature that women are more social then men. I read a lot but don't post much.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Apparently, they will find you if you change your picture to that of your cleavage. *sigh*

LoL, I guess that would be correct, feel free to add me too if you want.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Some guys that I have spoken to like to use bodybuilder.com to log calories and post to message boards. But hey! The more dudes the merrier! It's nice to get a guy's perspective on things and everyone (no mater what the gender or fitness goals) needs some support from time to time :)
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tons of guys on here...feel fre to add me...guys and gals alike :)
  • DAVEGETSLEAN
    DAVEGETSLEAN Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    we're here. friend request sent
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We're here. You just have to look.
  • Chill_10
    Chill_10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my fiance and I just started using this about a week ago. She has been browsing the forums and posting and such, but this is really my first time checking it out.

I agree all, the more support the merrier. lol
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    We're here. Probably just post less. I have a good mix of male & female friends, as long as their supportive, or informative, or something.
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think men are much more independent and less social than women are. Women will post anything and everything and will probably find some support. I'd like to see more people from my area but that's not really happening. I'd tell you to add me but I'm just a chick. :wink:

~Leslie
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I prefer the more women, keeps male macho business elsewhere.
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think it is just nature that women are more social then men. I read a lot but don't post much.

I thought I saw you creeping. LOL :glasses: