Needing a fire under my a**

Options
Hey everyone I’ve been at this fitness journey ever since hitting 428 lbs in my junior year of high school.... I’m now 26 and much healthier but I’m still stress binging, yo yo dieting and struggling to stay motivated past a few months. I need some people around me who can keep me motivated and focused on being my best self. Anyone in the same boat feel free to add me and we can get through this!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

If you eat foods that you love, you should be satisfied and not feel deprived. Stay in a calorie deficit and lose weight.

Figure out why you lose control. If you address the why, you should be able to stick to plan.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • chaleeeee
    chaleeeee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat! Have been struggling with weight since I was a kid! Same behavior and relationship with food! I added you, let’s do this!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    If your binge episodes and mine :blush: are alternating, than we can definitely profit from the encouragement of the one that's feeling strong at that moment in time. :wink: I am working on this as well - it's no use eating like a next world famine is in the news. Stress also goes away by working out and not be devouring a whole chocolate with whole hazelnuts :smiley: We can definitely be pals, but you gotta interract actively, if we want to make this work! :flowerforyou:

• mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I’m also an emotional eater and a self sabotager!
    I started my weight loss journey about 10 years ago befor i turned 50. Lost the weight kept it off for a few years can’t even remember what the trigger was but fast forward and I’ve gained 30 of the 40 lbs i lost and o so t want to go i to my 60’s at this weight. I completely agree with Dewitt. The community her at MFP is a great resource but we have to tap into it. Not lecturing anyone here but myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Join my daily check in club! I'll discuss anything revolving around fitness, exercise and nutrition. And it's been around since I pretty much started here.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/331789/tlfc-exercise-and-accountability-support/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • steeleme7
    steeleme7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you need a 🔥 under your a** just know that is not the healthy way to burn the fat LOL 😂