Wee bit weary

Options
KSK1982
KSK1982 Posts: 6 Member
I'm starting my weight loss journey yet again tomorrow... I've tried slimming world, weight watchers and Scottish slimmers each time I end up binging and I cant seem to get out a rut. My daughter is 3 and a half years old and I weigh more than when I was 9 month carrying her.

I currently weight 16 stone 4lb and would love to be 11 stone.

I am from Scotland. Anyone with advise please comment. If I wasnt so fat I'd run away and hide my fat self.

I detest how I look and cant seem to help myself. I really am a lost cause.

Anyway take care and good luck on your journey... K x

Replies

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,311 Member
    Options
    KSK1982 wrote: »
    I really am a lost cause.
    I refuse to believe this! You CAN do this.

Lynda summed up the advice I'd have to give, but I want to say this. Your words about yourself are incredibly negative and unkind. Please try not to beat yourself up. You have value no matter what your size is. <3
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Is there a chance that you've tried to be too restrictive in the past? Too fee calories? Taking away all your favorite things?

Whatever you decide to do, make sure it is something you can do forever. 🙂
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself and love yourself as you are. Your weight does not make you the person that you are.
    From there try to make very small changes for now, don't worry about doing it all at once. Maybe start with something simple like no sugar in your brews, water instead of pop, ban crisps... really just one or two things and then build from there.
    Start doing a little extra exercise, not much but walk a little further, take your child swimming that sort of thing.
    Once small steps are established move on to more.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Here is the deal - you are not a lost cause unless you believe you are. Change the voice in your head. Make small changes. Don't be an 'all or nothing' person. If you eat too much today, start again tomorrow.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You're a stunning woman and you know that. Stunning.

After today, don't call yourself anymore names. It's completely unproductive. Many of us know a thing or two about rebound weight gain with friends and we've pulled ourselves back out of the ashes. We learn these things the hard way and no one wants to learn these things.

This is my second time, I've now released 100 lbs twice. The first time I crashed and burned. I ate it all back. This time, I'm engaging my head in every step of the process. Every single day.

Here's my greatest take away from eating it all back. Not one frickity frick frick time did my brain stop me while I was eating it all back. Not once. I was eating it all back on remote control, autopilot. Only until I reached my highest weight with friends did my brain then turn around and start to taunt me, call me names. Oooo, just look at what you've done to yourself. That's the way the brain operates.

Not one single time during the eating it all back process did my brain even try to alert me or stop me until all was eaten and done. There's so much more I'd like to say but we simply haven't got the time. Do not let your brain call you anymore names. You're in the driver's seat now and you are going to take charge. Stay engaged, lean in, actively participate on the forum and your diary. It really works.

Day one.

• donnadee1984
    donnadee1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi girls im from scotland 2. Can yous add me. I have not figured how to so that yet. Sorry. Xxxxx
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Sweetheart. My advice is buy yourself some pretty clothes. Make an effort with your hair and appearance. Find yourself some lovely lady friends who dont give a damn how much you weigh. Start doing some light exercise and enjoy your lovely daughter. They grow up so fast. You are enough as you are now.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Here is a thought. Your daughter is 3 so the changes you make now you will be making not only you but for her as well. You will be teaching her great life long healthy habits. Take your time and don't be too hard on yourself, if you are anything like I was you will be changing habits you had for your whole life :) - but sparing your daughter this ;)

Set aside some time 15-20 minutes, either early in morning or at the end of the day to dedicate to educating yourself about your health - It is so worth it.

Best wishes!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You really do have to be mentally, emotionally and physically "ready". It cannot be just a fleeting thought.
    Also, there needs to be the realization that it will NOT happen overnight. It takes time and diligence to adopt new habits from the old habits.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!