Dieting while on vacation

Options
Going on a 5 day cruise November 4th. Any advice on eating on track? Lost 32 pounds so far. Have about 100 still left to lose. Don’t want to undo anything that I have done

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. 💙

When I went to the coast for vacation for a week, I prepared most of my breakfasts and lunches but went out for incredibly decadent and rich seafood dinners every night. I gained 10 pounds. I didn't care. I knew it would come back off and it did.

Do whatever makes you happy. It's only 5 days. You want to have great memories. ☺
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    My friend...I don't know what to tell you.. I just got back from a 7 day cruise and an overall 12 day vacation in Greece and gained about 10.. It stinks. The biggest trip up for me..was eating breakfast. They made me anything I wanted every day .. so I ate eggs Benedict each time. I actually ate pretty okay otherwise..as this cruise didn't have buffets but you ordered off a menu.
    So, breakfast was my downfall and I didn't exercise in the gym like I thought I would..but I did walk around on excursions every day.

I'm swearing next vacation to not eat breakfast out..and to exercise each day like a normally do. Now ai have to get all that off again. sigh...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Most of what people gain in a mere 5 day or weeks long vacation is water weight and more inherent waste in your system. Just do the math. You would really have to go off the rails to actually put on 10 Lbs or whatever in a weeks time...I mean you're talking 35,000 calories over maintenance during the week...that would put me around 6,500 calories per day for a weeks long trip.

Also, flying causes a lot of bloat...most of the weight I put on during a trip is actually just from flying and bloating...it comes off in a few days or so.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Don't stress it too much... you are going on vacation to relax and enjoy yourself. You won't undo all of your hard work in just five days. You might have a slight increase, but you can shift it right back down once back home. Exercise a few times while gone if you are able... but most importantly ENJOY yourself.