are ALL healthy choice meals nastiness in plastic?

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
non yummy again

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    You should try real food. It's delicious.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i have pretty good luck with the steamers. I like the potstickers (spicy) and the pumpkin raviloi
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    yes, they are all nasty.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    They aren't that bad. When I started my weight loss, I used them everyday. Now I just cook my own food, but try different flavors. They aren't all that bad
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    IMO pretty much all microwave dinners are nasty. i have yet to come across one that i cant make way better myself.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you like chemicals and plastic, try Healthy Choice.

Cook natural foods simply.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken parmesan one, with pasta and broccoli.

And yeah, I could make chicken parm homemade, but not in under 5 minutes :-)
  • nparsons369
    Options
    steamers are the best in my opinion. love the basil chicken. tried the sweet sesame chicken not bad. pretty good spice toward the end.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes. I especially loathe the cherry glue dessert thing.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Reallly????? I mean, granted, frozen dinners are no where near *real* food. However, that being said, of the frozen dinner selections, I think Healthy Choice is the best available! MUCH better than the Smart Ones & Lean Cuisine meals....
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I too like the steamer ones.
  • Hofilena23
    Hofilena23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Eating Right meals are pretty good, in my opinion.
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The steamer one, Beef Merlot, is really, really good. It tastes just like mom's homecooked pot roast. AND it's filling too. There are some bad ones out there, but there are also alot of really good ones. TV dinners are great for a quick lunch (for me anyways).
  • clivebailey
    Options
    get yourself a mini house cri-vac, make up your own meals, put them in cri vac backs and they will all stay fresh for the whole week and then you can just use them like the pre packed ones you get at the store but only better
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I started my journey using all of these but came to find them chock full of preservatives and sodium....not to mention they are not legally required to post the correct nutritional info...who knew....labs have tested them and are actually much higher in calories than they say. I'd stick to making your own and use these in a pinch. :-)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BETTER LUCK WITH LEAN CUISINES TASTE WISE. I was shocked when the nutritionist told me to each these, but I see her point, since a problem i have is eating at work. we normally order from local bars or restaurants at work and 2 frozen dinners plus some green giant veggies (which are pretty yummy) seemed to be an easy choice. It's working for the evenings I have to work but damn, the taste. and being Italian, I don't think I'm gonna chance the pasta dishes, just the rice ones. the most nasty I've run across is the HC beef merlot. palatable if you don't mix the sauce in with veggies and meat...
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken parmesan one, with pasta and broccoli.

And yeah, I could make chicken parm homemade, but not in under 5 minutes :-)
    All you need is an afternoon to create in the kitchen and a lot of tupperwaer for the freezer.

Cook your favouite meals, portion them out and freeze them. Then when you come home and need a tasty nutritious meal, take it out the freezer and neuk it in the mircowave. 5mins and it's on the table piping hot.

Not only is is better for you (no nasty preservatives) but you know EXACTLY what's gone into it, the calories therein and you're not lining the coffers of the mega-corps who would sell you sawdust if they thought they could get away with it :bigsmile:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Cooking is better, of course. But, we don't always have the time.

I prefer Amy's (http://www.amys.com/). Much higher quality and they have some really great ones with whole, unprocessed ingredients. None of the ones I’ve had are stored in plastic either. You can’t really get away from the sodium in frozen meals though.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters that the steamers tend to have the best flavor and cook the best as well. In general, I like the asian and italian flavored healthy choice/lean cuisine, etc. The pineapple chicken is quite tasty.