Reaching your goal.. 15 kgs down

kbk1335
kbk1335 Posts: 67 Member
edited October 2019 in Success Stories
On June 24th 2019, I reopened this app three years later after I stared in the mirror that night and realized how much weight I was carrying on my body. I was heavier than my mom.

Around three years ago when using this app, I was an active user and tracked my weightloss. As a teen I was fairly healthy. Then some mental health struggles and obstacles in my life occurred where I totally forgot about MyFitnessPal, though I never deleted it. I’ve always struggled with chubbiness, but those three years were when I truly packed on weight.

It was after ramadan ended when my family weighed ourselves on a scale together and the numbers read 75 kg when I stepped on and my heart dropped. I traveled to my home country this summer and pretty much everyone commented on how much weight I gained - yeah it sucks. So I wrote a post on this app about how everything was a mess. I logged my weight onto this app and never opened it again until around two weeks ago, where from June 24th to September 30th I lost 15 kgs - my goal weight that I recorded on this app just months ago. The realization of this struck me hard. I’m so so so proud of myself. And I really needed this. I’m aware of the healthy choices I’m making and I certainly live a healthier lifestyle and I hear it too, but I’ve been immersing myself in staring at the mirror wishing I could tone up some parts of my body and lose more belly fat. So reopening this app was overwhelming and made me feel incredible.

Be patient guys, and take the first step. I asked my older sister to help me with weight loss and she gladly planned my meals and motivated me and made sure I didn’t reach for any sweets or junk. Don’t get me wrong - we didn’t make any elaborate plans of avocado toast or whatever - it was as simple as having a boiled egg for breakfast and eating a cucumber with a small portion of homemade lentils that my mum made.

I’ve never been devoted to losing weight properly in those three years. My point is, once you make a start and get loved ones involved, they will gladly push you and cheer you on and results will happen gradually. I still have cheat days from time to time, but the key is moderation. If I have a cup of ice cream today while out with friends, I’m increasing my intake of green tea for the next few days while cutting out sugar for the entire week or so. If I have cravings, I drink a full glass of water and even watch mukbangs (please don’t attack me okay it works for me). Don’t be discouraged by not being able to see results quickly. Some people lose weight faster than others and that is totally fine. We only have one body in this life - take care of it. If I can do it, so can you- I believe in you. We all do.

Replies

• laibaiftikhar16
    laibaiftikhar16 Posts: 1 Member
    Can u plz share your diet plan..and if u exercised or not
  • hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    Yeah plz share some details about the food prep and work out wise. Did you watch your carbs or calories.
  • kbk1335
    Can u plz share your diet plan..and if u exercised or not

Breakfast options:
    - 1 or 2 boiled eggs (depending on how hungry i am)
    - Rice cracker
    - One slice of bread with lebneh

Mid-morning snack:
    - An apple
    - Mixed nuts
    - An orange

Lunch (whatever can fit a small plate):
    - Lentils
    - Spinach
    - Grilled chicken
    - Rice
    - Broccoli
    - Etc

Dinner:
    - Usually leftovers from lunch

Snacks:
    - Trail mix
    - Fruit
    - Walnuts with honey if you want something sweet
    - Rice cracker
    - Boiled egg
    - Hummus with carrot

These are all very generic things, but I would just eat literally anything to satisfy me. The key is MODERATION. I can have pasta or biryani, as long as it was one small serving. Or even, for example, only one slice of pizza on a cheat day, or one bar of chocolate. Portion. Control. Seriously.
  • kbk1335
    Yeah plz share some details about the food prep and work out wise. Did you watch your carbs or calories.

Check the above response :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!