GREEN TEAM CHALLENGE - 2/26/09!!!

Options
Wow, me again......well I accept this award for BL of the week, and would like to thank, my cat who manages to trip me in the middle of the night on my way to the kitchen for a midnight snack, muy fiancee who enjoys slapping my jiggly butt to remind me of what the goal is here, and the makers of angel soft toity wipe for the trips to tinkle every 5 mins from all the water I drink....and above all, I thank all my friends at MFP who push me along...................ok, enough of my oscar/grammy speech.....

Looks like we all did well. And for those who didn't lose just keep it up, this is one week at a time.

So we are drinking water, stayin in cals, eatin veggies, doing some cardio.

Lets make this weeks challenge.........................CRUNCHES/ SITUPS EVERYDAY, on top of our current exercise. I think the Crazy Canucks are doing this challenge but up to 20 a day....lets see if we can't do more yall.

So there it is .........this weeks challenge is Crunches/Situps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way...from yesterday to today I am down 2 more pounds!!! For a total loss since Jan 30th of...............drum roll please...........................

56259.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Wow, me again......well I accept this award for BL of the week, and would like to thank, my cat who manages to trip me in the middle of the night on my way to the kitchen for a midnight snack, muy fiancee who enjoys slapping my jiggly butt to remind me of what the goal is here, and the makers of angel soft toity wipe for the trips to tinkle every 5 mins from all the water I drink....and above all, I thank all my friends at MFP who push me along...................ok, enough of my oscar/grammy speech.....

Looks like we all did well. And for those who didn't lose just keep it up, this is one week at a time.

So we are drinking water, stayin in cals, eatin veggies, doing some cardio.

Lets make this weeks challenge.........................CRUNCHES/ SITUPS EVERYDAY, on top of our current exercise. I think the Crazy Canucks are doing this challenge but up to 20 a day....lets see if we can't do more yall.

So there it is .........this weeks challenge is Crunches/Situps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way...from yesterday to today I am down 2 more pounds!!! For a total loss since Jan 30th of...............drum roll please...........................

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    That's great, sassie:flowerforyou: I can't wait till I get a double digit on my ticker!

So, for the challenge, would you count a workout video that does standing ab work?
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Well, as promised, here are the results of my gym appointment. I'm putting this all out there for the added motivation (by the way, did an hour on the elliptical). My weight is going to show higher because it was not my normal weighing situation so I'm not letting that bother me.

Height - 5'1"
    Current Weight - 159
    Current pounds of body fat - 62:sick:
    Current lean mass - 97
    Goal weight - 135 (but I'd like to go lower)
    Goal body fat - 30 (again, I'd like to go lower)
    Goal lean mass - 105

Measurements (I prefer the measurements I took last week over these:bigsmile: ):

Neck - 13.5
    Chest - 38.5
    Right bicep - 12
    Right forearm - 10
    Waist - 37
    Hips - 43.5
    Right thigh - 24.5
    Right calf - 16.5
    Left bicep, forearm, thigh and calf were not measured

So, as you can see, I have a lot of work ahead of me. I'm supposed to go back in six weeks to get measured again.
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    That's great, sassie:flowerforyou: I can't wait till I get a double digit on my ticker!

So, for the challenge, would you count a workout video that does standing ab work?

Is the ab work part of your normal routine? If so no.....do more crunches/situps in addition to the normal workout! This will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

Is the ab work part of your normal routine? If so no.....do more crunches/situps in addition to the normal workout! This will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it would be in addition to. So I will count that towards the challenge.

By the way, I forgot to mention above that the gym trainer told me to keep my calories at 1200 and not eat any exercise calories. Now that goes against what they suggest here so just wanted to get some opinions on that. I'm thinking I'm still going to eat back maybe 100-200 depending on how good I can be each day.
  • loser4real
    Options

Sounds like a great challenge, Sassie. I try to do ab work every day so this will mean even more of those blasted things. I'm up for it though! :wink:

Happy Friday, y'all! I plan to run outside on the greenway (converted railroad tracks to walking paths) during lunch if it doesn't rain, then to the gym tonight for strength training. Our gym is usually really quiet on Friday evenings which suits me just fine. :smile: May try to hit the driving range afterwards if there is enough time.

Hope you have a great day...work out hard! Go green!
  • loser4real
    Options
    By the way, I forgot to mention above that the gym trainer told me to keep my calories at 1200 and not eat any exercise calories. Now that goes against what they suggest here so just wanted to get some opinions on that. I'm thinking I'm still going to eat back maybe 100-200 depending on how good I can be each day.

yeahbuddy -

I know it goes against what is suggested here, but I typically don't eat back all my exercise cals. Discussed it with our trainer a while back and we both agreed since I still have quite a bit to lose that it would be okay...and that we would re-evaluate as I got closer to goal. I usually eat back some of them (maybe 25%) but not all. I have had success doing this and will continue with it until we decide it is time to change. :happy:
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    do we have a certain number of crunches we are striving for?

I usually do 100 crunches on the machine at the gym every other day.
  • velvetwing
    Options
    sounds like a great challenge....

Great job on all your losses Sassie !! Im impressed :bigsmile:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    sorry for the dumb question, but English isn't my native language... are crunches and situps the same thing? i googled some pics and they look the same to me... i do zero of that, so this week's challenge gonna kick some butt here :noway:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    sorry for the dumb question, but English isn't my native language... are crunches and situps the same thing? i googled some pics and they look the same to me... i do zero of that, so this week's challenge gonna kick some butt here :noway:

Yep, they are the same. The only difference I can say is that we used to do a full sit up back in the day, since then the suggestion is that you don't have to come up all the way (am I making sense:frown: ) thus why the word crunch came about.

I'm w/you purrrr, when I was thin I used to do ab work but have only concentrated on cardio now cause even if I have great abs you couldn't see them under the flab:tongue: But I will make it a point because our BL said so!
  • loser4real
    Options
    I'm w/you purrrr, when I was thin I used to do ab work but have only concentrated on cardio now cause even if I have great abs you couldn't see them under the flab:tongue: But I will make it a point because our BL said so!

You may not be able to see them under the flab, but if you start working them now, then by the time the flab is gone they will be ready for all to see! Of course, that will be a while for me, but I'm a multi-tasker. I figure I may as well get them in shape while I'm losing the fat. :wink:

Purrrr... to echo what Christie said, situps and crunches are similar, except with a crunch your lower back doesn't leave the floor. This isolates the ab muscles--be sure to really "squeeze" those muscles for a second each time you are up.
  • sassiebritches
    Options

No, it would be in addition to. So I will count that towards the challenge.

I don't eat mine back, set my regular cals for 1300-1400 and stay at that amount. Thats what works for me.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Great challenge sassie..I have been slacking hardcore!! Time for me to actually use my ball! are we going for a certain number!?

PS sassie...you are doing GREAT!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    do we have a certain number of crunches we are striving for?

I usually do 100 crunches on the machine at the gym every other day.

No we are just trying to get in as many as we can...................

Since you do this at the gym everyday.........add more from home. Again additional to your current routine. :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    Options

Yes they are the same thing.....basically. Do whatever is easiest to start out with....This should be a good challenge for us.
  • sassiebritches
    Options

Yep, they are the same. The only difference I can say is that we used to do a full sit up back in the day, since then the suggestion is that you don't have to come up all the way (am I making sense:frown: ) thus why the word crunch came about.

HeHe, well even if you can't see em yet, you will and do you want skinny with flab ab or skinny with tone abs...besides muscle burns more fat and I think we all agree we would do anything to get rid of that ugly tummy fat......so crunch away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Sounds like a great challene Sassie!!! I am headed to the gym in about an hour to do some cardio and some crunches!

I am not feeling well today..cold setting in or allergies...but am determined to work out. Wish me luck.

I eat my workout calories and I have been slow losing. I might start eating 50% only of exercise cals. I will see how that goes.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Thanks to those who responded to my inquiry. I think I'm going to have to take my cue from sassie who has been doing phenomenal and not eat back my cals. We'll see how that goes and hopefully I won't be too hungry:grumble:
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Thanks to those who responded to my inquiry. I think I'm going to have to take my cue from sassie who has been doing phenomenal and not eat back my cals. We'll see how that goes and hopefully I won't be too hungry:grumble:

If you get hungry eat.....denying yourself will just ruin things. If I get hungry I eat something, I just don't overdo it is all....like no more then 100 cals.......this is what has worked for me....OH AND I EAT 1300 NORMAL CALS..... So thats my thing and many others here are doing it and losing......