Gym crush

ThunderGodKing
ThunderGodKing Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Everytime i go to the gym ,i have the same exact 3 people looking at me, I look at them because i like them as well but i don’t know the situation is weird. When I’m focuse on my workout routine doing pre-work stretches, 2 of them show up for me to notice them around me. Sometime they also go to the area where I’m working out. What should i do about all of this any advice or recommendations?

Replies

• sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Introduce yourself! Or ask questions about your form. If you think they are interested in you as well, friendly conversation doesn't hurt.
  • fairytale_babe
    fairytale_babe Posts: 391 Member
    Compliment their form or workout? Introduce yourself casually, all of they would be interested in working out together etc. Work up to asking if they're single then build to want to get drinks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    How about “Hey how was your workout today?”
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    I would start with a simple hi or even a friendly smile, maybe directed to the one you’re the most attracted to. Keep it simple.🍀
  • You are the Thunder God king, so you are Thor. Make the gym rumble with your presence brotha!!

Personally, I'd only catch them before/after yours and their workout and only a quick friendly hello when actually in the gym.

They may show up because it's their routine or coincidence, I'm just speaking honestly, however, whatever happens, I hope it works for you pal.

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    I don't make eye contact at the gym and it prevents discussion that I'm not interested in.

If someone wants to watch me work out, have at it.

Why does it bother you? Are you afraid they're going to negatively comment on your routine?

I think I would start by deciding if you are looking for a social experience at the gym. I see alot of time sucked up with the chit chat that I am not interested in, and hence the no-eye-contact rule.

If you are looking for the social aspect, a simple greeting hello would seem to be a start to finding out if they are trying to make social contact, or are just doing a kind of alpha-dog move on you.