What’s the hardest part for you?

Replies

• kerrymatch1982
    kerrymatch1982 Posts: 19 Member
    The scales ... last 8 weeks I have lost inches everywhere but only lost few pounds on the scales but I’m getting obsessed with the scales
    I had 5 stone 7 to lose and lost 3st 8 so far .
    I’ve gone from no exercise 9 months ago to 5 days a week .. running , boxercise and circuit training .
    I feel better but the scales but a dampener on things lately .
  • manuelcaregiving
    manuelcaregiving Posts: 4 Member
    Mine is avoiding the sweets and soda I so desperately love.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Mine is the munchies at night and forcing myself to wait until tomorrow when I have a new quota ...

I've found exercise I like so I'm finding that relatively easy. But I love sweet things especially chocolate and sometimes at night, I am very tempted to keep eating even though I'm not actually hungry. I resist because I've worked so hard to get to goal weight, but it continues to be a difficult challenge for me. It was difficult during the weight loss phase because for me, the sweets etc aren't about being hungry - it's because I just think they're yummy ...
  • veereeree
    veereeree Posts: 1 Member
    The hardest part for me is the awkwardness when you have to explain why you can’t eat at family’s or friends homes because you need to properly weigh everything and portion it. It’s just weird. I’ve lost 40 lb since July 15th today. :)
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    For me, it’s mostly a lack of patience. I just want to be at my goal weight now, I want the scale to move down faster. I know slow and steady is the way to have long-term success but patience has never been something I’m good at.
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    The reality that I can't live my life like I want if I want to be the size I wish. I live a smaller life of routine when I'm fit. No happy hours..no ordering fun food for a cozy movie night at home...I find myself not going to social functions because there will be food and alcohol. It is pretty much a drag. thanks fo letting me be honest.

This is so true. Although along the way, I have taken a few breaks and sure, it's delayed my goal, but over the long term I'm still making progress so it's been okay.
  • enriquen1
    enriquen1 Posts: 19 Member
    The hardest for me is fighting the cravings. It's so hard not to want to eat junk foods. Also trying not to eat while sitting on the couch at night before bed
  • enriquen1
    enriquen1 Posts: 19 Member
    Also remembering that the number on the scale is not the be all and end all.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    edited October 2019
    The hardest part for me is the fear of gaining back the weight I lost (I did twice before). Although I have that fear, I am determined to keep it off.
  • LorenzaMazzone
    LorenzaMazzone Posts: 2 Member
    enriquen1 wrote: »
    The hardest for me is fighting the cravings. It's so hard not to want to eat junk foods. Also trying not to eat while sitting on the couch at night before bed

Same here! I seem to smell and see delicious (unhealthy) food everywhere! And it’s so hard when my husband and kids are eating things like crisps in front of me

• LorenzaMazzone
    LorenzaMazzone Posts: 2 Member
    The reality that I can't live my life like I want if I want to be the size I wish. I live a smaller life of routine when I'm fit. No happy hours..no ordering fun food for a cozy movie night at home...I find myself not going to social functions because there will be food and alcohol. It is pretty much a drag. thanks fo letting me be honest.

Exactly the same for me :( it’s just a huge struggle

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I have been thinking about this quite a bit and trying to figure out what the hardest part is for me. I actually think (as minor as it is) it's not drinking my calories. I have had good habits for years now of sticking to mainly coffee and water. But I think in my pre-MFP years, I drank my calories so much and at times I slide back into those habits because I really like things like milk, smoothies, lattes, craft beer, etc. Of course I can drink them in moderation but that is difficult for me. For some reason I'm a very fast drinker and could easily down 64 oz of a high calorie beverage without a second thought and it doesn't really fill me up either, unless it's a heavy smoothie. Meh. Not a huge deal but it is the hardest part of maintaining my 130+ lb. weight loss over the years.

That’s a hard one for me too! Congrats on that big of a loss and maintaining it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    I have been thinking about this quite a bit and trying to figure out what the hardest part is for me. I actually think (as minor as it is) it's not drinking my calories. I have had good habits for years now of sticking to mainly coffee and water. But I think in my pre-MFP years, I drank my calories so much and at times I slide back into those habits because I really like things like milk, smoothies, lattes, craft beer, etc. Of course I can drink them in moderation but that is difficult for me. For some reason I'm a very fast drinker and could easily down 64 oz of a high calorie beverage without a second thought and it doesn't really fill me up either, unless it's a heavy smoothie. Meh. Not a huge deal but it is the hardest part of maintaining my 130+ lb. weight loss over the years.

That’s a hard one for me too! Congrats on that big of a loss and maintaining it!

Thank you!!
  • aligisme
    aligisme Posts: 9 Member
    Finding the time to make the right choices. I work full time and have a four year old son. Between commute time and wanting to spent QT with him at night before bedtime, it’s so hard to take the time to cook and prep healthy meals + be physically active. By the time he is asleep, I am exhausted!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    aligisme wrote: »
    Finding the time to make the right choices. I work full time and have a four year old son. Between commute time and wanting to spent QT with him at night before bedtime, it’s so hard to take the time to cook and prep healthy meals + be physically active. By the time he is asleep, I am exhausted!

I feel you! I have an almost 4 year old daughter and a 7 month old son. I’m always tired lol
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    I'm just reaching maitanence and finding balance has been challenging. I've also had more cravings since upping my calories. Third thing would be getting used to how I look now, I got annoyed at the store recently when a woman was coming straight toward me with her cart and it turned out I was looking in a mirror.