I feel like I have my life back

Options
fitpal4242
fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
edited October 2019 in Success Stories
Guys, I just wanted to post about how happy I am from this journey with mfp. I’m a little over 100 days in and have lost about 20lbs.

Before I started using the app, I had all but given up. I donated most of my smaller clothes or put them up for sale on Poshmark. I was in denial about my real size- I took a trip to Bloomingdales to find new jeans one day and was appalled that all the jeans in a size that was bigger than I thought I was (30- ~ size 10) were all too small. I was unhappy every day. The thing is, I did ‘eat healthy’. As I moved on to using mfp, I didn’t have to change what I was eating, but the amounts (including the treats I loved to indulge in- FYI- things like cookies made with chickpeas & maple syrup instead of butter & sugar still have a lot of calories if you don’t moderate). I have always exercised intensely 5+ times a week and just continued to do so as I watched my intake with the app.

I still want to get down another 5-10lbs. I’m on the short side and now my BMI is just on the border of ‘normal’ and ‘overweight’. But, signs of success that mean I am feeling ok with myself now:
-I now wear fitted tanks to the gym now. As I gained, I had switched to looser short sleeve shirts, which didn’t have the best function of staying in place or keeping me cool. Last week, I took out a tank with side cutouts that I haven’t been comfortable wearing for a long time. It’s back in rotation.

-all of my pants are loose. I went through the pile of clothes I have for sale on Poshmark and found I am able to keep a couple of pairs of pants that I previously couldn’t even pull up

-I like to thrift, but found that everything I wanted to keep ended up not fitting, so I’d put them up on Poshmark. I took a trip yesterday and want to keep almost everything, including a pair of size 26 jeans!

-I no longer go out looking for tops and dresses with draping that hides my midsection. In fact, I find that look unflattering now and look for things that are fitted.

- I’m no longer ashamed of my arms and wanting to cover with sweaters or jackets. I wished I would have started this earlier and in time for summer! It was uncomfortable during those warm months- I felt pretty bad about how I looked in everything that was cool.

-I’ve started dating again. I went 2 years without even trying because I felt so unattractive, and didn’t want to misrepresent myself by using older (flattering) pictures on my online dating profile.

Thanks for listening! I haven’t told anyone that I’m trying to lose weight.

Replies

• kathydavis6
    kathydavis6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Did hou just count calories or did you cut back on carbs well done
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You've done a fantastic job!
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Did hou just count calories or did you cut back on carbs well done

Nope, just calories. I still eat the same way I always have (which really isn’t so bad), but cut back on the amounts

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!