Is 5’7 160 too skinny?!

Options
5’7 male, 21 YO. SW: 286. CW: 160. In the last year i’ve lost over 100 pounds. Went for my physical today and my doctor said I’m too skinny and I look frail. I personally don’t think I look frail. I fit into Small clothing now but I’m also a small dude. My doctor said he would send me to an eating disorder clinic if I don’t put on 10 pounds. He said I was fine at 190 but I was incredibly unhappy and he was upset I decided to lose more. Here’s the issue. I’m happy at my current weight but I’m afraid of maintaining. If I just start eating 2000 calories a day will I be gaining? Will I just maintain? I’ve worked so hard to get here and don’t wanna go back. From XXXL to small, to actually having success with women. Any advice?

Replies

• IAmWomanHearMeRoar15
    Options
    Hi Jake,

I can't tell you if your current weight is unhealthy because I am not a doctor; however, your doctor has said he thinks you have lost too much weight. I would suggest listening to your doctor.

You may want to take him up on the offer for an eating disorder clinic anyway. You said you were unhappy at 190 which your doctor said was a healthy weight. You also said you are afraid of maintaining your current weight which is worrisome.

• Jenn3452
    Jenn3452 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How may calories are you eating now? Are you building muscle? I would stick around 2000 It wont make you gain weight you are a young male which works to your benefit. As you age you may want to decrease in calories but right now at your age and weight I think you would be fine. You should be proud of losing all that weight but being healthy isn't just about the number on the scale. Best of luck :smile:
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Not at all. It all depends on body type though. I know guys that height at 140lbs that are very fit and healthy looking.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I would see a new doctor. You look great. Good luck transitioning to maintenance.