Wrong Calorie!

Options
Zesalicious
Zesalicious Posts: 1 Member
I input a recipe for Keto Brazilian Garlic Steak which should be 440 calories. When I tell it to look it up it does and then I go to add it and it jumps to over 10k calories! Any way to fix this or know why it is doing this?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Double check the ingredient sizes and serving sizes. I know there used to be a garlic item that was way off. Garlic is very low calorie.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Might have to add another one on the list or bout ingredients 1 by 1 separately (Had to do that once) . If still off by 1 cal under I add something like 5cal crystal light tea or a cookie 🍪 at the end of day to even it out
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Double check the ingredient sizes and serving sizes. I know there used to be a garlic item that was way off. Garlic is very low calorie.

I agree with these suggestions. It is most likely the bad garlic entry but could also be other inaccurate entries and/or a servings issue.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Options
    Did you input the correct number of servings? If you didn't, it may be assuming that you're eating the entire recipe in one sitting.
  • sfrogley2
    sfrogley2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have you put a decimal point in the wrong place?
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Entering a fat, like olive oil, as cups instead of grams might account for it.
  • COLL114
    COLL114 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I input a recipe for Keto Brazilian Garlic Steak which should be 440 calories. When I tell it to look it up it does and then I go to add it and it jumps to over 10k calories! Any way to fix this or know why it is doing this?

How do you know that?

Sometimes when I import a recipe, garlic comes up as some ridiculous amount of calories. I then have to "replace the ingredient" and search it manually in MFP.
  • COLL114
    COLL114 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    COLL114 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »

How do you know that?

Sometimes when I import a recipe, garlic comes up as some ridiculous amount of calories. I then have to "replace the ingredient" and search it manually in MFP.

Search appetit garlic, comes up as 458 calories for 1 gram, which can't be correct.