I have been on Plateau for a long time . I need help!!

Options
Hello everyone. I have been on plateau for a long time ,like 1 month now and not losing weight staying at the same weight like there is not tomorrow. Whoever recently i got my lean muscle mass increase and my body fat reduce but still my actual weight refuse to go down. i have been doing cardio on my rest days, and resistance with 2 upper body and 2 lower body. For like a full month now without stopping. Here is my readings any advice is super appreciate.
Body Type Standard. Sept 20 2019
Height: 5ft 6.5 in
Weight:218.62lb
BMI: 34.8
BMR. 8874 kJ

2097kCal

Impedance:360
Fat % 26.5
Fat Mass. 58.01lb
FFM 160.61lb
TBW 117.61lb

Body Type Standard . October 25 2019
Height. 5ft 6.5 in
Weight: 220.81lb
BMI: 35.1
BMR: 8831kJ

2111 kCal

Impeadence 3331
Fat% 24.4
Fat Mass .53.81 lb
FFM.167.01lb
TBW.122.21 lb

Replies

• Bradleys8299
    Bradleys8299 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?
  • ThunderGodKing
    ThunderGodKing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nope i just count the calories i eat everyday.
  • ThunderGodKing
    ThunderGodKing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m using my fitness pal app to track my calories intake. so far I’m having deficit everyday i eat less calories that i should be eating.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,602 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Were you wearing the same clothes? Had you eaten out drunk anything? Had you used the washroom in a similar manner both times? Did you eat a high sodium meal before your second weight in? Were you sore because of a workout?

Garbage in - garbage out. other than a general snapshot of some geekish interest *at this point* the info you're getting from your gym (or what have you) is just "neat" but not necessary, or necessarily accurate.

For all you know you've been losing weight, or not!

Get a home bathroom body weight scale. Preferably one that shows a different weight when you weigh yourself and a minute later weigh yourself holding a ~100g weight

Which brings us to a kitchen scale. Get one.

It will help you measure a ~100g weight to help you pick a random bathroom scale that doesn't use fake consistency to make you think it is more accurate than it really is. But, if you can't find such a bathroom scale... don't fret too much! You can work around the issue by weighting yourself twice: once holding a weight (bottle of water, dumbbell, milk) and once without.

Anyway. You also use your food scale to measure ingredients :) that way you actually know that what you're logging into mfp is somewhat accurate as to the quantity consumed

You then eat loosely within the limits that MFP gives you, the vast majority of the time, and you record your daily weight ins into a weight trend app.

Once you observe the trend of daily weight ins obtained under similar daily conditions... then you will know if you need to make adjustments.

Exercise is incredibly good, makes you feel better and may well encourage you to reach your goals! But, your weight level will change much faster based on you getting a handle on your calories in vs calories out!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If you have been in a calorie deficit you are not plateaued you are simply waiting for water/waste weight fluctuations to finally subside enough for it to show up on a bathroom scale.

The reason why I weigh my food to improve logging accuracy is to make sure when I am waiting a really long time for my weight fluctuations to pass that I have actually been in a deficit. It is easier to wait when I know for sure a new low weight is coming. It is the uncertainty that drives me crazy.

You do not have to weigh your food. For some people it is a nonstarter. The problem with alternate systems is that you may find yourself investing a lot of time with no weight loss while you try to figure out how to adjust it. I have found that the patience required for many other areas of weight loss is taxing enough for me to go that route.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There's a huge probability your logging isn't accurate - an open diary would help enormously for people to help you spot common issues.
    No you don't have to weigh everything forever but for a minimal investment in time and money I would suggest weighing highly caloric items for at least a period of time as it's very educational about where your calories are coming from and portion sizes.
    (Peanut butter, cheese and breakfast cereals in particular for me were much bigger portions/higher calories than I would have guestimated.)

Don't put too much faith in the body composition scales you are using - many are inaccurate, some can be reasonable but need to be used smartly and consistenty to see a trend.
    They also don't differentiate between types of lean body mass, drink a pint of water and that's lean mass you have just added.

If you are really against weighing your food then you can also use consistency and adjusting based on long term weight trends.

Personally I went for a middle ground of making my logging reasonably accurate but consistent and not too tiresome and then adjusted my daily goal based on my trend weight.