Exercise activity not in MFP

Options
Anybody know how to add other exercise not found in MFP??

I do Bikram yoga (not the same as "yoga" or "stretching, hatha yoga" options) & some hula dancing & would like have these as regular options when logging in exercise.

In the meantime, I've been trying to improvise. Ex: logging my 90 minutes of Bikram yoga as 220 minutes of regular yoga to get a calorie equivalent.

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, I put the correct minutes in and change the calories burned to what I believe is correct (usually feedback from a cardio machine for me).

You can add an exercise to the database the same way as you do a food - search on Yoga and once the options come up there is a link at the bottom of the list to Add and exercise to the database.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    the same as you add food, when you add hula and it does not show up there is the option on the bottom to add an exercise, name it and add the calories burnt, either find out somewhere else how much calories you burn or when you have a heart rate monitor and know your calories add them.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    You can change the calories burned rather than inputting a different amount of time. Usually with Bikram yoga, I burn around 450 calories a session, so I just put it as regular yoga and then input the 450.
  • abouthealth56
    abouthealth56 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    do a google search, type in, "how many calories burned doing_____________?" (type in the exercise in the blank). You get some informative answers this way.
  • EileenKM
    EileenKM Posts: 13
    Options
    =)
  • EileenKM
    EileenKM Posts: 13
    Options
    the same as you add food, when you add hula and it does not show up there is the option on the bottom to add an exercise, name it and add the calories burnt, either find out somewhere else how much calories you burn or when you have a heart rate monitor and know your calories add them.

Ah, why didn't I see this before, it just popped right out this time!! Thank you so much!!